Using ME to meet family at MCO?

WDWFWfan

Dreaming of Disney...
I am driving to Pop Century to check-in on Oct. 4th for our vacation, the rest of the family is flying down the 5th to meet me. I wanted to take ME to the airport to surprise them and then ride back with them to the resort. Is this possible?

I told the CM who took our reservation that I wanted to do this and he indicated that it shouldn't be a problem, but now I am wondering how am I going to get to MCO if I don't have a flight confirmation? And it is actually two weeks before we officially check out? Will they let me "catch a ride?"

Also, we haven't received our vouchers yet...should I call or just wait?

You can probably work that out, but then you wouldn't be able to take ME back to the airport at the end of your trip, as far as I know. So unless you don't need ME, I don't think that's going to work.

You can probably work that out, but then you wouldn't be able to take ME back to the airport at the end of your trip, as far as I know. So unless you don't need ME, I don't think that's going to work.

No one in our family is flying home, they will be riding back with me in the car. I only need transportation for "check-in" and my trip to meet the family. Sorry...I should have made that clear.

I *THINK* this will work. As I understand it, all WDW guests are entitled to two rides on ME, one from the airport, one to the airport. What I don't know is whether the rides a) need to be on different days, b) can be done in the middle of your stay, or c) can be done in "reverse".

Call ME and explain. They MIGHT ask for flight numbers, in which case, grab some off an airlines website.

Good luck!

Just a heads up for anybody who need to try this...just called ME and they said that I could only ride if I was actually flying into Orlando. :(

Just a heads up for anybody who need to try this...just called ME and they said that I could only ride if I was actually flying into Orlando. :(

Unfortunately they gave you incorrect informatoin , we have taken DME to and from the airport with out flights many times. There is absloutely no requirement that you fly into or out of MCO to use DME. You do have to be a registered WDW resort guest on the day you want to travel and you do have to make an advance reservation.

Most of the DME agents can make your DME reservation without a flight nubmer, if they know how and want to !! Some DME rep's can't (or won't!) and the Resort CM's can't. In this case you can just find a flight to anywhere that leaves the airport about two hours after you want to leave the resort.

You can call DME again and hope for a more knoweldable CM or you can find a flight to anywhere that leaves the airport about the time you want to arrive. DME will pick you up about 2 hours prior to "flight" time.

Or you can realx at the pool and wait for the party to arrive :)

Unfortunately they gave you incorrect informatoin , we have taken DME to and from the airport with out flights many times. There is absloutely no requirement that you fly into or out of MCO to use DME. You do have to be a registered WDW resort guest on the day you want to travel and you do have to make an advance reservation.

Most of the DME agents can make your DME reservation without a flight nubmer, if they know how and want to !! Some DME rep's can't (or won't!) and the Resort CM's can't. In this case you can just find a flight to anywhere that leaves the airport about two hours after you want to leave the resort.

You can call DME again and hope for a more knoweldable CM or you can find a flight to anywhere that leaves the airport about the time you want to arrive. DME will pick you up about 2 hours prior to "flight" time.

Or you can realx at the pool and wait for the party to arrive :)

Thanks, I may try again. Based upon your response I am now wondering...can I book a trip from the resort back to the airport without contacting DME?

Thanks, I may try again. Based upon your response I am now wondering...can I book a trip from the resort back to the airport without contacting DME?
No. Those are also reserved & scheduled. However, if you need a flight, pick one that's THREE (not the two posted earlier) hours after you want to leave the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter