Using Magical express but getting luggage yourself/ ME getting your bags worth it?

You would need to wait for the next bus.

Apparently at one time there were baggage carts outside the welcoming area where you could re-check (were supposed to re-check if large?) bags with Magical Express for automagical delivery to your room but apparently they don't have that any more. Or do they?

If your friend put you on DME then your friend must have you booked into her room. If you have your own room then you need to make your DME reservation yourself. That next morning DME and resort check in is okay. The bags are okay; you would just bring them down from your Hyatt room. At one time the Hyatt had luggage carts where you could re-check your bags with DME for automagical delivery to your room; see the concierge to see if they still do that.

:goodvibes Thank you! Yes, she has us booked in her 2 bedroom villa at BLT! I will also check with the concierge at the Hyatt. Thank you for your great info.!

We have had it happen 2 times. They wer a sports team staying in one of the POP/All stars hotels.

The second time the buss driver pulled off some of the teams bags to be sent with the regular DME luggage. One of the parents was mad and yelled at the buss driver, but he calmly replied, something about sharing the space with other guests and he and his grand gathering can take the next bus to ride with the other bags. This was at 10pm on a Friday night.
Ah yes...the sports teams. I have actually arrived at MCO on the same Sat the PopWarner kids and their families did...OMG!!! I have never seen quite so many people down there.
That would be about the only time you would see that much luggage on a DME bus though. Guess that's what happens if you arrive at, or past, 10pm and there are large groups there as well.

IMO, the main (and, except for the price, only) advantage of ME is the fact that they handle your luggage to the resort. If I wanted the control that getting my own luggage entailed, I'd just go ahead and get a car so that I could be the master of my transportation domain.

And, in fact, that's usually what I do.

DH and I have used ME ever since it became available and couldn't be more pleased with it. We usually only wait 10 or 15 minutes to board our bus and we love not having to bother with lugging the bags or the craziness at baggage claim. We are usually at our resort no more than an hour from landing. And when the video starts playing on the bus, I know I have arrived. It's official!

There isn't anything worse, IMHO, than my one trip when a family of 10 got on with about 26 bags.

Really.....the wait at the resort was horrendous waiting for this poor guy to unload all of the bags.

Leave the driving and the bags to ME.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter