Using Fast Pass Early

Scott_in_t-town

1st timer to WDW in July '06!
I just read in a disney guide book that if you get in line with your fast pass ticket that you will be allowed on the ride EVEN IF YOU ARE EARLIER than the fast pass time states. Almost like it is an unwritten policy to NOT refuse anyone.
Does anyone know if this is true, and if so does the disney fast pass system know when you have used your ticket so as to allow you to get another fast pass?
What if you get a fast pass which you decide the time is too far away, how can you cancel it and get another issued for a different ride/attraction?

We did have to stand and wait once for a couple of minutes because the time on our fast pass ticket still had two minuets left, and they would not let us in until that time. That was four years ago though, and maybe it has changed.

We went last August and had to wait until our FP time. You can however use it anytime after your FP time, if you miss your FP timeframe.

I was there last October, and I can assure you, they wait for the minute to tick round before letting you on. Another thread currently running also states that they are not letting people ride AFTER their fastpass expires either-otherwise I guess it would be a free-for-all.Can you imagine if everyone with a fastpass just turned up regardless of the time? :sad2:

Hobbes said:
I was there last October, and I can assure you, they wait for the minute to tick round before letting you on. Another thread currently running also states that they are not letting people ride AFTER their fastpass expires either-otherwise I guess it would be a free-for-all.Can you imagine if everyone with a fastpass just turned up regardless of the time? :sad2:

Hobbes remarks are exactly on point!!! Time is time.

Scott_in_t-town said:
I just read in a disney guide book that if you get in line with your fast pass ticket that you will be allowed on the ride EVEN IF YOU ARE EARLIER than the fast pass time states. Almost like it is an unwritten policy to NOT refuse anyone.
Does anyone know if this is true,
Not true; they do make you wait until the time window opens.

and if so does the disney fast pass system know when you have used your ticket so as to allow you to get another fast pass?
No, there is no 'logging in' of your used fastpasses, so the system has no way of knowing if you have used them or not.

What if you get a fast pass which you decide the time is too far away, how can you cancel it and get another issued for a different ride/attraction?
You can't. That's why you always need to look at the sign giving the fastpass return times before getting one!

We have been made to wait a couple of minutes until their clock says that it is time to go on. It doesn't even matter if the weather is bad, you will have to wait.

I will join in with all the other posters and also say you will NOT be permitted into the FastPass entrance until the exact minute as stated on your return time. The Cast Members are very dilligent about this.
As for getting FP that are way later than you like.... the simple answer is not to get them. There is a clock over each FP distribution area that shows you when the return time is for FP. On busy attractions I have seen the time change while I am standing there. So if you walk up to any attraction and the FP is four hours away....and this is no good for you....do not get those FP. If you do you will be locked out of any more FP for quite a while.

When we went down in March we did use our fast pass after it experied. All they look for is the begining time... and yes you have to wait until that time... but we had dinner reservations and they went a bit longer than expected and ran into our fast pass time... so we tried it out and got right into line ... no problem.... not sure if they let this happen all the time or we just got a nice CM but we got to ride the ride!!! its worth a try if you miss your FP time!

We were there over the busy easter weeks this year . They made everyone wait until the exact time on the fast pass. This made the Everest fastpass area a zoo as everyone who had a fastpass just wait there instead of going else where to do stuff. Now on to the expired fastpasses they do not expire , we would get them early in the morning them come back later in the day when it was busy we were never refused .

Scott_in_t-town said:
Does anyone know if this is true, and if so does the disney fast pass system know when you have used your ticket so as to allow you to get another fast pass?

Last time I went, you could not get into line until your time came up; there is a reason there are times on the tickets.
You can get a new fastpass for another ride either:
1-When the beginning of the time window for your old one passes
or
2-Two hours from getting your first fastpass
Whcihever comes first.

cudworth said:
Now on to the expired fastpasses they do not expire , we would get them early in the morning them come back later in the day when it was busy we were never refused .

They do expire...that's why there is a time on them. Why get one if you can't come back in the time frame that is on the pass?? I understand maybe being a few minutes late, but hours late, there's no reason for that. You're taking a chance that the CM will let you use the expired fast pass, and personally I wouldn't take that chance.

I'd just feel guilty anyway trying to use an expired fast pass because you knew when you got the fast pass what the time frame was for and if you couldn't use it then you shouldn't have gotten it.

When we went last October we had FPs for the safari at AK. We went back about 2 minutes before our appointed time. There was a CM calling out times, and the only people allowed in were people who had FPs with the time he called out or earlier. I think our Pass opened at 11 AM, but he was calling 10:45 AM and EARLIER only. We did eventually get in but it was kind of a mob.

I think they thread about being turned away for expired FPs talks about trying to use them the following day - not the day they were issued.

I think that some CMs let it slide if it is not super crowded, but I wish that they wouldn't!

FastPass is set up this way for a reason. If everyone tries to use them at a time not indicated on the pass, then it just backs up the FastPass line for those who have the correct time on their pass.

I think that those who are always trying to find a way to get around the system mess it up for everyone. Follow the rules.

We were always made to wait until our FP time, never allowed in early. We were NOT allowed in after our FP window 2x...once at MK and once at MGM.

This was in August. And we were not terribly late, either. About an hour each of those 2 times.

I've never seen a CM let anyone in early - there are always bunches of people waiting for each window to open up.

As for using them late, some people have been able to and some haven't. It seems to depend on crowd levels, the particular CM in charge of that Fastpass line, which way the wind is blowing..... :) It's best to only *count* on being able to use them during the printed window - if a CM lets you in late, it's a bit of extra pixie dust. Check the time on the Fastpass clock before you get your FP to see if the time works for you - usually it will be fine. :)

Add me to the list of people who wishes they would make people stick to the window on the pass. With everyone using them any time they wish it is making some long fast pass lines. I don't understand why people don't understand and honor this, and am glad CM's are enforcing it. Lately it seems so many people are really just trying to see how far they can stretch the system and are going to ruin it for everyone ie. FP's, meal plan, refillable mugs, kids ages, number of people in room it goes on and on.

TinyLolitaBunny said:
1-When the beginning of the time window for your old one passes
or
2-Two hours from getting your first fastpass
Whcihever comes first.

That's no longer true. You can get another FastPass when your previous FastPass says you can get another one (it's printed right on the ticket). That time may or may not coincide with the criteria listed by TinyLolitaBunny.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter