using employee discount with DDP

sweetpea42f

Earning My Ears
I have a friend who works for Disney and she is using her employee rate for us. I was wondering if I can do a DDP too? I was told We couldn't use it by someone just wanted to see if that was true.

Thanks

You'll need to ask your friend if she is able to book one for you. I assume she is booking a resort room for you. Sometimes they do offer the DDP for cast member reservations.

My sister used her employee discount for our room. I tried to add the DDP and was told that it was only allowed at certain times when rooms were booked with the employee rate, and for the time we were going (second week of June), it was not possible to add DDP; I think it had ended a week or so earlier. This was back in 2009, so things might have changed. But it certainly doesn't hurt to ask!

My cousin is a cast member too, and we have been able to get the DDP the last time we booked thru her with her discount. We got the dining plan half off. It isn't offered all the time. Her brother was offered the quick service plan when he went. I think they don't tell the cast members about the offer until a month before it starts.

They changed it up a bit for 2013. You can add the full price DP at anytime with a CM discount now. As it gets closer they may or may not offer a deeper room discount as well as a discounted DP that you can switch over to.

I was able to add it to the reservation my CM friend booked for me. Just ask, worse they can say is no. (Plus, they were able to get me more of a discount on my room, but I was also adding a day so I don't know if that was the reason or not)

I was able to add it to the reservation my CM friend booked for me. Just ask, worse they can say is no. (Plus, they were able to get me more of a discount on my room, but I was also adding a day so I don't know if that was the reason or not)

As the dates get closer they'll sometimes release a deeper room discount with a discounted DP. I think it's out until sometimes in March right now :thumbsup2

I did call and was told to call back in March they would most likely be realeasing ddp discount then. so glad you told me to call again. sorry this is typed funny , getting my snuggles in. its not worth moving the sweet girl :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter