Using DVC points for DCL

We bought into DVC in 1992 and paid in full at the time and are taking our 2nd cruise on the Magic using points. We usually take 2-3 5 night stays at WDW but now that the kids are adults they don't always come with us. We have the points and decided a free cruise is better than losing the points. I would never consider renting the points. I bought them to enjoy everything Disney has to offer.

Sailing on the Magic 1/7/12 in a navigators verandah. Son and daughter in law to be are joining us in the adjoining cabin.

We bought into DVC in 1992 and paid in full at the time and are taking our 2nd cruise on the Magic using points. We usually take 2-3 5 night stays at WDW but now that the kids are adults they don't always come with us. We have the points and decided a free cruise is better than losing the points. I would never consider renting the points. I bought them to enjoy everything Disney has to offer.

Sailing on the Magic 1/7/12 in a navigators verandah. Son and daughter in law to be are jointing us in the adjoining cabin.

I totally agree with you. We have taken a total of 4 cruises and have our 5th booked and have used DVC points for every cruise (including using them to do Alaska on Holland America (when Disney wasn't up there yet). We feel points are for using, not renting, but that's our opinion.

Here's my theory. I bought the points to use. If I want to cruise, I am doing that. I don't sit back and worry about the economic value....I bought the points to enjoy vacation. Nor do I want the hassle of renting etc.

Sometimes, I pay cash (if I am point poor that year), sometimes I use points. I will also consider trading elsewhere in a few years!

I agree with you totally....

We have to travel during high season everywhere. If I can get a 2 bedroom condo for 270 points as opposed to paying $600 a night, its a good deal.

As for the cruise, it can help me bring down the cost of my cruise for a family of 5 by using points to pay for 1 or 2 guests...I welcome it.

If you can cruise in the offseason, it probably a great deal, especially when you factor in you are getting meals and entertainment!!!

A cruise doing it anyway you can or want to is always a GREAT thing!!
:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

we are going in May 2012 two rooms 5 us all together and it was 303 points......as others have said it is your points and have fun and enjoy them anyway you want:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter