Using DME departure day, but still going to the park question

susanrose73

Mouseketeer
So I want to go to HS park on my departure day probably for rope drop. (if they still do that)

Do I drop off my carry on and checked bag to my resort's front desk as I check out from the resort early that morning? Does my question even make sense? :rotfl:

I obviously don't want to have to bring my carry on bags with me to a park!

Correct, you can leave you bags with bell services.. If you have checked bags, I would see about checking them at the resort if you can use remote airline checkin so you dont have to drag your checked bags. Just make sure to leave enough time to get back to the resort to a) collect any bags from bell services if they are busy and b) be to the bus stop 15 minutes before the scheduled arrival time of your bus!!!!

Thanks.

You don't mean to have to drag my bags to the park, right? I figured that my carry on would be a problem, not my checked bag. Lol

For your carry-on luggage, just check it with Bell Services and they will hold it for you while you are in the park. They will give you a receipt for the luggage which you then turn in to retrieve your luggage later in the day. Easy Peasy!

Just be sure to leave plenty of time for them to get the bags out of storage and hand them over to you. I have seen many instances where the DME pickup time was given for 2:20 (for instance), and there was the family, standing at the Bell Services area, trying to get their carryon stuff out so they could board the bus...but they had waited too long. It was now 2:15, and the bags still hadn't been handed over yet, the bus was waiting, the dad was getting mad..it was not good. And, I have seen this happen many times.
So....you need to plan on being at the DME bus stop, all bags in hand, no less than 15 mins before the stated pickup time. The time you are given is the time the bus is supposed to leave the resort, not the time you should get there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter