Using disney visa reward $$

lisakramer

Mouseketeer
Just want to confirm that I can use my reward dollars card to pay for stateroom charges. I'm almost positive I can but I'd like someone to confirm for me.
Thanks!

Contact Disney rewards at least 6 weeks out from your trip. They will send you a redemption card. You can put this in your room. We almost waited too long. We revived our card yesterday and sail Saturday.

Have a great cruise!

Just take your rewards card to guest services and they will apply your rewards to your onboard credit.

Just take your rewards card to guest services and they will apply your rewards to your onboard credit.

That exactly! We only applied part of our reward as we had a good bit of onboard credit, too, so you can also apply it in pieces/partial if you want.

All replies above are correct. We have used it several times both all of it and sometimes partial. Great way to use you reward dollars.

Definitely works - only advice is to do it early in the trip. We waited too late (first timers...didn't know) and they'd already charged us. They took care of it and made it work, but we could have fixed that by applying it first thing.

that there is money left over in the account from the transfer of the rewards, can you transfer that amount to your next cruise???

Figment_Fan said:
that there is money left over in the account from the transfer of the rewards, can you transfer that amount to your next cruise???

I don't think do but I think you can put it back in your rewards card.

Also keep in mind the rewards card has an expiration date. Any points on the card when it expires are lost.

So the rewards card can be used to pay tips also?

As long as you apply the card to your OB Account and your tips remain on your OB account, yes it can be used towards the tips.

On an other note, once you order you initial rewards card, you can add to it on-line as you accumulate more rewards. The card does have an expiration date though, so you do have to watch it a bit to make sure you will use it before that date (oops see that was mentioned above). We ordered our initial card and add to it when I know we will need the $ at WDW, DCL or Disney Store and I don't hold money on the card for long.

We ordered our card early and only put $25 on it. A week or two before we cruise, I will have the remaining dollars added to it. I like putting in your ship account a little at a time. We definitely will have more on the card then I intend to spend on the ship.

disney1990 said:
We ordered our card early and only put $25 on it. A week or two before we cruise, I will have the remaining dollars added to it. I like putting in your ship account a little at a time. We definitely will have more on the card then I intend to spend on the ship.

You don't have to put yourself to the trouble to put a little at a time. At the end of the cruise, if there is a credit, they will automatically put it back on your rewards card. You don't need to go to GS to have them move it back at the end of the cruise.

You don't have to put yourself to the trouble to put a little at a time. At the end of the cruise, if there is a credit, they will automatically put it back on your rewards card. You don't need to go to GS to have them move it back at the end of the cruise.

Really, I didn't realize that. Thank you.

We will have refundable OBC's as well as my Rewards Dollars. Can I specify that they use the Rewards Dollars first so that any remaining credit balance goes back to me rather than my redemption card?

How are refundable OBC's handled anyway? A credit to the card on the account? A check? Is it immediate, or does it take days or weeks? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter