Using Disney Vacation Account to Pay Off Disney Visa Balance?

lmkoons

Mouseketeer
I know there is the loophole that allows you to pay off your Disney Visa balance with Disney Gift Cards. First you pay for your Disney trip with the Disney Visa. Then you call Disney and have them apply your Disney gift cards to your (already paid off) trip, essentially paying off your Disney Visa balance. I'm wondering, since the DVA payments are similar to gift card payments, would this trick work with DVA payments as well? Can you use your DVA to basically pay off your Disney Visa balance?

Not following this. Are you saying you can pay your Disney Visa with gift cards, or pay for your Disney trip with gift cards. I don't follow the loophole but am interested.

Step 1: Book Disney vacation using Disney Visa
Step 2: Buy gift cards with some other form of payment
Step 3: Have Disney refund vacation to Visa and charge gift cards

That doesn't sound like a loophole to me. I guess you could get the no-interest Visa deal and then pay it off later with discounted gift cards. Is that the idea?

Step 1: Book Disney vacation using Disney Visa
Step 2: Buy gift cards with some other form of payment
Step 3: Have Disney refund vacation to Visa and charge gift cards

That doesn't sound like a loophole to me. I guess you could get the no-interest Visa deal and then pay it off later with discounted gift cards. Is that the idea?

Yep, this is exactly what I was talking about. It basically allows you to get the Disney Visa perks (no interest and onboard credits for cruises) and use discounted gift cards from Target. I actually found out about this trick on the boards and I know a lot of people do it. So I'm wondering if anyone has loaded discounted gift cards to their DVA and then called Disney and had them use the DVA and refund the Disney Visa. This would allow you to utilize the Disney Visa perks, purchase gift cards at 5% off AND get a $20 gift card for every $1,000 spent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter