? Using Disney Gift Cards toward DCL ?

Caitsmama

<font color=darkorchid>Closet Hannah Montana Fan!<
On the Disney gift cards that i have from The Disney Store, it says that they can be used at WDW, DCL, and DLR.. Now, i used them a ton at WDW last november, and was wondering since everything onboard is done with your KTTW card, what they do with the Gift Cards.. Do they just apply them to your final balance at the end?? IF so, this would be great.. Seems like a good way to save up for the incidentals (uh, souvies) on the ship.. ;)

Yes...I had a $100 Disney Store Gift Card and I applied it to my onboard account as a credit. So I had $100 to use towards anything I put on my shipboard account. You can do the same thing with Disney Reward Dollars or regular Disney Dollars. This all can be done at guest service any time during the cruise.

I found out that you can only use them to credit your account at guest services on deck 3, so don't try to use them to buy drinks, goodies, etc directly at the register.

We had onboard credit and reward credit on our cruise last week. We combined 2 staterooms and ended up with close to $1000 in onboard credit. The told us that if we didn't spend it, the part that was refundable would be credited to the credit card that was on file. We charged everything to the room and just kept track. I don't remember anywhere that would take cash on board.

We also ended up buying almost all the gifts to take home on board because of the credit. Almost all the gifts were "free".

Thanks!! I just figured that this would be a good way for me to save - personally. Since we are going to WDW in Nov, and the cruise in Dec, then to DLR in Feb.. i figured i would just keep throwing cash on to a card, and then be able to use it as i needed, so it's great to know that they will apply it to your onboard acct.

Now, i am wondering.......... do you have to apply the WHOLE card balance? Say i have $500 on the card -- but i only want to apply 250.00 to my cruise acct. -- they should be able to do that right and give me back my card with the remaining $250 ??

I used the whole $100 on mine but I know with my Disney Rewards Card I could apply only the amount I wanted to so I think it would be the same with the Disney Gift Card.

I don't think the gift card is a use it all or lose it type thing.

MJ--- I love your cruise jar!! I could use one of those... LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter