• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Using dining credits on a childs magic band?

AZRAPUNZEL

Earning My Ears
Next year we will be joined by my daughter and her family on our trip. We will have two separate rooms during our stay. DH and I would like to take the grandkids to dinner one night ( ages 6 and 4) and send my daughter and her husband off for a more " romantic" dinner. My question is this, can they scan a Childs magic band so the two kids DDP credits comes off their room? And will we be able to sign the receipt?

The kids will need to have a PIN number for charging privileges on their account.

I don't know what the cutoff is for ages, but I know kids have to be a certain age for charging privileges on their account. I know my daughter was able to do this at 13, but that trip my son was 7 and I don't think it was an option.

It really wouldn't be them charging the meal cost to the room. It would be them using a TS credit off their dining plan.

We had no problem doing this last year when my nephew was in a different room. He was 9 and they were able to scan his band to access their dining credits.

We had no problem doing this last year when my nephew was in a different room. He was 9 and they were able to scan his band to access their dining credits.
Thanks. Glad to hear this is possible. Did you need to know their Pin Number?

yes, you should know their pin number. In the event that you forget it, the server can manually imput the band into the system and no pin is required

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter