Using body glide on feet

Bibbidy Bobbidy Boo

Dis Veteran
I have used body glide on other body parts, but am unsure how people are using it on their feet to avoid blisters- it seems to me that it would be squishy either in your socks or slippery in sandals?
I always have trouble with hot spots and blisters when I am at Disney, despite spraying my feet with antiperspirant, wearing Thorlo Coolmax socks, etc. I bring and use moleskin, and always end up with the top of my 4th and fifth toes, and even the tips of one of them, getting blisters. Also a hot spot on the ball of my foot. My feet do perspire. The sneakers I wear have a wide toe box, and there is a finger's width of room between the big toe and the tip of the shoe, so I don't think it's a sneaker fit problem.
Last year, I started out wearing, tevas, and brought sneakers and socks in a back pack, and changed into them when I got a small sore spot at the joint of the sandal webbing. I bring an extra pair of socks to change into, also.
Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

I use bodyglide it on my feet for Disney and anytime I am going hiking. Just rub it on just like deodorant. Pay special attention to areas that traditionally get red/blistered. Doesn't feel squishy to me. I usually use it with socks/sneakers or socks/hiking boots. I have used it with my fishermen's sandels, no socks. I have better luck not getting blisters with the body glide, socks & good pair of broken in running sneakers.

I use it all over my feet, especially on the top (I wear sandals) where the straps are, and on the balls of my feet. I haven't gotten a blister since I began using body glide. I usually end up reapplying a couple of times a day while we're in the parks.

We just came back from Disney and usually I wear socks and shoes and have no problems. This year for our first day (evening, really) I decided I'd just wear my cushioned flip flops - *big* mistake (for me). The balls of my feet started burning (always keep body glide with me there) so I applied some and I couldn't keep my flip flops on - my feet were hot and slippery. Had to wipe as much of it off as possible! I would sure use it with my lace ups though if I needed to - didn't need it for that though. It's the greatest stuff! :thumbsup2

I always wear flip flops down there and apply Body Glide every morning to the balls of my feet, my arches, just underneath all the toes and between the big toe and second toe. Never had a problem with blisters or my feet feeling slippery or funny.

One thing I noticed though is that if I wear my black Cobian Leather Bounce flip flops with the Body Glide, they turn the bottom of my feet black, where the dye fades. They are the only pair that do that though and only when I put the Body Glide on. My Bronze multi Leather Cobian Bounce do not and neither do any of my other flip flops (whether they are black or not).:confused3

I use it everytime we go to Disney or any other long days with shoes on. It works great! At disney I will reapply it once or twice during the day depending on the weather and humidity. Love it. It replaced my moleskin. However I do still take moleskin just in case I forget a spot with the body glide.

I have purchased it from Dicks Sporting Goods. In the running section. I have also seen it in other sporting good stores near the running shoes.

Band-aid makes some blister bandages that you apply and they stay on for several days. Work great! They have large ones for your heal and small ones for toes. I put one on my one heel at the start of our Disney trip, and it usually lasts the whole trip. (unless I am in the pool a lot.) :)

I rub the body glide over my entire feet because I never know where I might get a blister at Disney. I have gotten them on the tops of my 4th or 5th toe like you also. I'm very blister prone and used to get at least 1 blister somewhere every Disney trip. I haven't gotten even 1 blister since I started using the body glide a few years back. I also get blisters almost every time I get a new pair of shoes until they are broken in. I started using Body Glide for that too, and no more blisters! In addition to the places listed below, you can find it at most specialty stores for runners or cyclists too.

I have purchased it from Dicks Sporting Goods. In the running section. I have also seen it in other sporting good stores near the running shoes.

Our Dicks Sporting Goods used to sell Body Glide, but stopped carrying it. They now carry a Mission brand antichafing gel. That stuff does not work, takes twice as much since it's a gel in a tube, and feels icky on the feet. A tube of Body Glide used to last me several trips, but one tube of that Mission antichafing gel lasted me less than a week. :furious: Wish our Dicks Sporting Goods would bring the Body Glide back! I now just have to order it online. Amazon and Drugstore.com both carry it and you can also find it sometimes cheaper on ebay.

I was wondering how often the Body Glide needs to be reapplied while in the parks?

I wear sandals in the parks and I usually end up reapplying twice a day. Someone who wears sneakers and socks might be different.

I will add that even in the Florida heat, the body glide stick I keep in my bag for the park never melts.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I use the Band-Aid brand blister blocker (I think?) stick. It is the same concept as body glide but costs more per ounce but I can find it at my local store. I rub it on the tops and sides of my feet. I use other blister pads for hot spots on the bottom of my foot.

I was wondering how often the Body Glide needs to be reapplied while in the parks?

I don't ever reapply and we are open to close park people most days. I just put it on in the room before heading out to the parks. I've never had a problem or blister since I started using it.

I apply in the morning to my feet. I don't usually reapply. My DH sometimes carries the small travel size in his cargo pocket in case he needs more on his toes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter