• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Using an ECV Xmas week

Iheartdopey10

Earning My Ears
We'll be in DL from the 25th to the 30th and I have severe pain from osteo arthritis that cause me to have problems walking. If I rent an ECV from an off site company are there any restrictions for using it in the DL resort? Other than the crowds I'll be trying to maneuver through.

Thank you!

NO, you would have the same requirement regarding loading at certain rides, but can use it anywhere in the resort.

And I highly recommend you rent off-site, as Disneyland has a limited amount of ECV's, and run out a lot during the busy season. If you plan to rent from Disneyland, get there early. And with the new security system, you can use it at both parks and Downtown Disney now.

The ART Shuttle system is used to dealing with ECV's.

We rent off site for my mother in law each year and it works out great. They deliver the scooter to our hotel and we simply drop it off at the front desk on our way out. We've used Apple but switched to Deckert's in October because the Apple scooters were looking a bit beaten.

A word of caution, the crowds will be horrendous so bring lots of patience. You will be cutoff more times in 5 minutes than you can count and maneuvering a scooter through the narrow areas (Adventureland and along the River) will be a challenge to impossible later in the day. We will be in the parks December 29-31st and my mother in law elected not to join us partially because of the scooter stress...and the fact that she was just there in October. She is 78 and said things in October that you would not expect from a 78 year old grandmother... :ssst: With that said, don't get too spooked, get to the parks early and get things done, then find a relaxing place to eat and enjoy the magic of Disneyland during the holidays.

Have fun and see you in the parks...
Mike

You might want to see if they could modify it a bit for you. Something like this may come in handy for the Christmas crowds. :rolleyes1

cowcatcher.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter