Using a TA....what control do I give up?

kellya22

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone,
I'm getting ready to book a package for the Spring and I'm thinking about using a travel agent especially for things like trip insurance, coordinating flights etc. I'm wondering what control I'll lose by using one. I won't be able to make payments myself on the disney site, correct? I want to be able to make my own ADRs and Fastpass+ reservations. Can I do that if I work with an agent? Thanks!

Hi everyone,
I'm getting ready to book a package for the Spring and I'm thinking about using a travel agent especially for things like trip insurance, coordinating flights etc. I'm wondering what control I'll lose by using one. I won't be able to make payments myself on the disney site, correct? I want to be able to make my own ADRs and Fastpass+ reservations. Can I do that if I work with an agent? Thanks!
I used an agent for the first time this year, and payments were the only thing I didn't do. I booked everything else myself.

A good agent will work with you and help you as little or as much as you like. It should be a partnership with you making the decisions, and your agent looking out for you.

So I can still have the info I need to use the My Disney Experience app or site on my own? Will I get that sign in info from the TA when I book? Would the payment section on the app just be blocked from me?

You give up as much control as you want. I use a travel agent because she is able to book me "magical deals" and get me pricing I would not be able to get on my own. I prefer to do my own fast pass selections and my ADR's myself. Though she would gladly do them if I asked.
I usually just have her make my payments to save time, but I was able to make payments online also, when I had a bunch of gift cards I wanted to apply. The only thing you cannot do yourself is make changes to your package, like changing dates, adding dining etc.
I see people post here all the time that they do not want to use a TA because they want control over their FP+ etc, but that is so not the case. You take care of what you want, and let them do the rest!

Once you receive a confirmation number, you can set up your MDE account. You make your own FP's, ADR's and what not.

One thing to add, the TA owns your reservation not you. Meaning if you need to make any changes, you must go through the TA. Changes to your reservations that is, not ADR's and FP's.

So I can still have the info I need to use the My Disney Experience app or site on my own? Will I get that sign in info from the TA when I book? Would the payment section on the app just be blocked from me?
My TA gave me my confirmation number after the booking went through, and I entered it into my MDE as usual. Easy peasy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter