• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Using a party ticket as a FP Generator

HatboxHaint

GrimGrinningGhost
Let's say the following are in place:
MDE #1 - MYW Tickets and WDW Resort Res
MDE #2 - MNSSHP Ticket (for last day of trip, Day-5) and WDW Resort Res

Is there anything wrong with the logic below?
- I book FP+ on MDE#2 at 60-days out for Day-1 of my trip
- Day-1 of my trip arrives, I enter park with MDE #1 tickets and FP+ from MDE#2
- Day-2 thru Day-5, I pre-book before park opening FP+ each day and use them
- Day-5 arrives and I attend the MNSSHP with my Ticket and FP generation is no longer possible with that account.

Hey Hatbox :wave2:
The Party Ticket only opens up FP pre-booking for the Party Day (Day #5).

But the Party Ticket can be used at kiosks for Days 1-4 for SDFPs.

Do the tickets have to be on a different MDE account to work? I have both of them added to my MDE account currently. Does that mean that I can't book SDFPs for my trip with my party ticket?

This is the first party we are going to where you can make FP selections, so I don't know exactly how that all works.

Do the tickets have to be on a different MDE account to work? I have both of them added to my MDE account currently. Does that mean that I can't book SDFPs for my trip with my party ticket?
If you've already linked them to Guests with ticket entitlements that will be used for your trip, they can't be moved or used for SDFP. Once a hard, plastic ticket is linked, it remains with that Profile exactly like a MB.

Hmm... Interesting...

I checked my MDE and it would allow me to reassign my MNSSHP ticket and my fiance was able to reassign his as well. The only weird thing was that when I created a "ghost" account of my name, it freaked out when I tried to reassign mine to my ghost account, but it WOULD let me reassign it to my fiance... So, I reassigned mine to his ghost account then had him reassign his to my ghost account...

Not sure if it will work or what will happen, but we will see if I can book 2 sets of FPs for the day of our party ticket soon enough (we are going end of sept.) and then the additional 2 for the day of the Halloween party at 30 days out.

Last edited:
You've reassigned the digital ticket "entitlement" but the plastic ticket, itself, remains in your Profile/line.
It continues to provide a direct link to the data in that specific Profile.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter