Using a Fitbit - any issues with airport security ?

MrsJobba1

Dvc owner at BWV & SSR
Hi
My Fitbit is like a watch - I wear it all the time lol I presume you can wear it to the airport and take it off like a watch when you go through the X-rays ?

I will be fascinated to see how much I actually walk in wdw.

I can report the same. I flew to Iceland earlier this year. Just put it through the scanner with my (Mickey Mouse!) watch and it was no bother.

Like you, I'll be fascinated to see the mileage I rack up at WDW :)

I don't take mine off (or my watch) but I have ultra clipped to my bra :p

Never had an issue with it!

I have a Polar Loop (same kind of thing) and I don't even take it off. Never set off any alarms yet.

Pam

My fitbit is a one and clips to my bra, coming back from Italy I forgot to take it off and it caused the scanners to beep, I've never been so embarrassed to have to explain

I wore a Fitbit on a recent flight, on way out I set off the alarms and had to step into the x-Ray machine. It showed up my Fitbit & the two zips on hip pockets of trousers, so. Had to be 'patted down'. On way back different trousers, but I still kept Fitbit on, no probs at all. Was planning to travel to Disney in the same trousers, as they match new Minnie Mouse T-Shirt, now re-thinking that one

I'm taking mine, but I'll just pop it into my hand luggage when going through security - shouldn't imagine why there'd be any bother :)

It's a pedometer. Saw a few people setting off the detectors with them on our last trip - probably easier to just take it off whilst you go through security.

No problems yesterday. Just stuck it in the tray to be scanned, as I was doing my level best not to need frisking! (It worked! No pat down for first time in years!)

Once past security, my only concern is the wireless bluetooth running during the flight. There is no off switch unless the battery runs out.

Haven't heard of any plane go down because of a wireless fitness tracker.... yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!