Using a calling card at the resort

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by alicenwonder99, Dec 21, 2004.

1. alicenwonder99

alicenwonder99 DIS Veteran

Since I don't having free roaming on my cell phone, I bought a 500 minute calling card for our trip. Now I'm wondering if I can use it for free at the Disney resort hotel room? That is, does the hotel charge me even if I'm using a calling card? I know years ago hotels would charge an extra rate even if you were calling a toll free number. Does anyone know if they will charge me extra?

Mary

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Carrieberry

Carrieberry <font color=9999CC>Has to post on the right thread

I believe (If I remember correctly) they did in fact charge the local call fee for 800 numbers. I think it is .35. I remember going to the lobby to use mine. It did save me a ton though!

4. PrincessCandaceMarie

PrincessCandaceMarie DIS Veteran

Yes you will get charged...regardless....the info is listed in the folio by the telephone in the resort rooms.......hope that helps!

5. betterlatethannever

betterlatethannever DIS Veteran

We do this all the time. The charge is $0.75 per call.

Ed

6. ganggreen4jc

ganggreen4jc Mouseketeer

According to the posted POP FAQ thread, there is a 75 cent charge to use a calling card (or call any 800 number) from the room.

7. alicenwonder99

alicenwonder99 DIS Veteran

So, if my 17 year old dd spends 30 minutes talking to her boyfriend from the hotel phone using the calling card, we will only be charged $.75 from the hotel? (and not $.75 a minute).

Mary

8. betterlatethannever

betterlatethannever DIS Veteran

correct