Using a calling card at the resort

alicenwonder99

DIS Veteran
Since I don't having free roaming on my cell phone, I bought a 500 minute calling card for our trip. Now I'm wondering if I can use it for free at the Disney resort hotel room? That is, does the hotel charge me even if I'm using a calling card? I know years ago hotels would charge an extra rate even if you were calling a toll free number. Does anyone know if they will charge me extra?

Mary

I believe (If I remember correctly) they did in fact charge the local call fee for 800 numbers. I think it is .35. I remember going to the lobby to use mine. It did save me a ton though!

According to the posted POP FAQ thread, there is a 75 cent charge to use a calling card (or call any 800 number) from the room.

So, if my 17 year old dd spends 30 minutes talking to her boyfriend from the hotel phone using the calling card, we will only be charged $.75 from the hotel? (and not $.75 a minute).

Mary

alicenwonder99 said:
So, if my 17 year old dd spends 30 minutes talking to her boyfriend from the hotel phone using the calling card, we will only be charged $.75 from the hotel? (and not $.75 a minute).

Mary

correct

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter