Used the Disney online dinner reservation service...

Jill in Chicago

DIS Veteran
Everything seemed to work well. My only concern is that I was not given a confirmation number. Should I call closer to the October date to make sure I'm in the system?

That is very odd. I used it within days of it being launched and once I checked out I immediately received a page that had my name, reservation time, confirmation number and number in my party. I booked four separate reservations and received this page for all 4 of them.

Are you sure you clicked all the way through?

I also received an email with the same information which I printed (FYI none of the confirmation pages are printer friendly, but I printed them anyway and can clearly see the confirmation number).

I wouldn't wait until October, I would call now, especially if you do not receive an email from them.

I tried to make a ressie a few weeks ago and the screen went white after I had chosen time, put in scrambled code at the bottom, and checked box to agree to terms. I got blank confirmation email with no body and replied to it asking for conf number. They said I had no ressie. The same thing happened weeks later and I got 2 conf numbers, so I called and gave the restaurant, date, time, name, and phone # and they were able to find it(the first one). It had actually double booked me there and I did not know if I had one ressie!
So I would definitely call.
The new system is a great idea but has some kinks that need to be worked out.

Also, check your Junk email folder. My first confirmations were mailed immediately, but showed up in my Junk Email. Just a possibility that is what may have to you. :)

I would call. I used the system the day after it was launched and made a ressie for Akershus. I was given a confirmation number on that screen as well as an email. Definitely call the DINE line and check.

Thanks everyone!! My original reservation must not have gone through as I did not get e-mail confirmation. I went back and did it again and it worked perfectly. I just got the e-mail confirmation.

I love this board!!

I am just posting to say YAY!!! they have online reservations? I am sure I am late to this party but I had no idea and was so annoyed waiting on the phone... Can't wait to book again so I can make my dining plans!:cool1:

I have found that I cannot use Firefox to make any online reservation. I have to use MS IE. Firefox will allow me to go all the way through the check out process until I select the final "purchase" and then I get a blank screen and no reservation.

Mike

I have found that I cannot use Firefox to make any online reservation. I have to use MS IE. Firefox will allow me to go all the way through the check out process until I select the final "purchase" and then I get a blank screen and no reservation.

Mike
I just made a reservation on line yesterday using Firefox. Weird.

Mike

I use Firefox and haven't had one problem with the numerous times I have edited/changed/added my ADRs. Never got a blank screen at check out, but I have received a couple of blank emails. I always write down the confirmation number when I check out.

OP, A confirmation number is given after you check out, and then an email will follow. Maybe they don't have your email in their system..I know they have my phone number incorrect. and it has been incorrect for years.

Mike

I use Firefox and I haven't had a problem. I don't have IE on my computer so it's not even an option for me use. I've also use Apple Safari.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter