used socks on ebay

OMG!! Too weird and gross!!

Are they supposed to be a WOMAN'S legs?? They are definitely the legs of a man. YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

She has another pair in pink that ARE bid on.. (for $6.99).

Used sneakers are another thing that people sell on eaby.. YUCK YUCK YUCK!!!!!!!

My DD has informed me that if she is ever wealthy, she is going to splurge on socks. She loves to wear socks that are BRAND NEW and will spend her millions on a new pair of socks every day. I guess if she gets to that point, I'll tell her she can unload her castoffs on EBay!

Oh my goodness, I can't believe I am typing this.... but here goes.

This may not be the case for all sellers of used socks and shoes BUT.... my sister and her dh sells them as well. We also have friends on the opposite coast as us that make a nice living off of it.

What the real deal is (for these two sets of sellers) that the socks and shoes are not the 'real' item! It is a 'shell'. Often they are delivered with additional photos of a more adult nature. My BIL would sell his old socks with a description of how his is a young college student, tall, dark, handsome, athletic... blah blah blah... and how he wore out these socks while on the gymnastics team at his college (he is none of this exect maybe the young and dark parts). The buyer purchases these socks are often given a link in addition to the socks and possibly photos where the buyer can purchase more photographic (personalized or not) material.

Our friends on the other cost sell their items directed towards a same sex type of buyer. The photos would show him in the photos as a lead on. From there the buyer would get the used underpants/socks, photos and directed to his web site for more info. The photos were bordering on the obsene! Strange thing is, this person is very straight, very married and his wife is the one that takes the photos that they sell!

Please don't think that we condone this nor that this is what all of these sellers are doing.... just some... and I think that the buyers are very aware of what they are purchasing!

Now I am beet-red in the face!

Jen H.

:eek: well that's my "something new learned" for the day!

I figured that people who had feet fetishes bought them... I went and looked up used socks and WOW there are some auctions bid up quite nicely....

Ya learn something new every day!!

Oh my goodness gracious, I never would have imagined.

On second thought I won't suggest my daughter offload barely used socks on EBay--wouldn't want anyone getting the wrong idea!:o

are they "into" socks?

Originally posted by r2boys&buzz
Oh my goodness, I can't believe I am typing this.... but here goes.

This may not be the case for all sellers of used socks and shoes BUT.... my sister and her dh sells them as well. We also have friends on the opposite coast as us that make a nice living off of it.

What the real deal is (for these two sets of sellers) that the socks and shoes are not the 'real' item! It is a 'shell'. Often they are delivered with additional photos of a more adult nature. My BIL would sell his old socks with a description of how his is a young college student, tall, dark, handsome, athletic... blah blah blah... and how he wore out these socks while on the gymnastics team at his college (he is none of this exect maybe the young and dark parts). The buyer purchases these socks are often given a link in addition to the socks and possibly photos where the buyer can purchase more photographic (personalized or not) material.

Our friends on the other cost sell their items directed towards a same sex type of buyer. The photos would show him in the photos as a lead on. From there the buyer would get the used underpants/socks, photos and directed to his web site for more info. The photos were bordering on the obsene! Strange thing is, this person is very straight, very married and his wife is the one that takes the photos that they sell!

Please don't think that we condone this nor that this is what all of these sellers are doing.... just some... and I think that the buyers are very aware of what they are purchasing!

Now I am beet-red in the face!

Jen H.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter