• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Used Game Stores - Orlando

MamaJinji

Earning My Ears
Hoping this is the right place for this.

DH has always been against going to Disney, because a) he's a bit of a Scrooge and doesn't like the amount of money spent on a vacation there and b) he's not much of a Disney fan in the first place. But after years of wearing him down, I finally got him to agree to come to Disney World with us, making it a family trip for the first time ever! :cheer2:

There was a small caveat, though. He wants to take a day off from Disney while we're there to go and find some used game stores. Which is fair - he indulges my love of Disney, I indulge his love of classic gaming. :cool: But I don't know where to find that. Does anyone know where some good ones are? With plenty of selection and decent pricing, especially in the NES/SNES market? I'm hoping to find at least one or two stores that aren't a ridiculous distance away from the World. :drive: Driving isn't an issue, but it can't be too hard to find, given that neither of us are from Orlando and don't know the area at all well. And I don't want to spend an hour just driving to one place.

I haven't been to any of these personally (though now I want to check them out!), but here are a few in the area that have gotten good reviews:

Hudsons Video Games
8090 South Orange Blossom Trail
Orlando, FL 32809

Eccentric Emporium
712 N John Young Pkwy
Kissimmee, Florida

This one is a little further out, but it's located in Winter Park, which is a really beautiful town just north of Orlando.. you could make an afternoon/evening out of it. The downtown area is walkable and there's a bunch of great restaurants. Might be nice to get out into the "real world" for a bit :)

Cybertron Video Games
6732 Aloma Ave
Winter Park, FL 32792

Also, there's a really cool bar called Player 1 Video Game Bar that's just off of Palm Parkway, probably about 5 minutes from Disney Springs. They have a bunch of retro video games to play, from arcade games to retro consoles, as well as modern games. It's a lot of fun, and I think cover is only $5.

Oh, that bar sounds like a lot of fun. :drinking1Are kids allowed there, or would I have to make alternate plans for my son that evening? My dad is coming along for the trip but very likely NOT along on the game search adventure, so if needed I'm sure he'll be content watching the kid for a few hours.

Thank you for the suggestions!

Oh, that bar sounds like a lot of fun. :drinking1Are kids allowed there, or would I have to make alternate plans for my son that evening? My dad is coming along for the trip but very likely NOT along on the game search adventure, so if needed I'm sure he'll be content watching the kid for a few hours.

Thank you for the suggestions!

You're welcome! Unfortunately kids are only allowed in before 5 pm and must leave by 6 pm (which gives you two hours on a Sat. or Sun.). After 6 is 21 and up.

That's a bit of a bummer, knowing how much DS loves games. But I can understand it well enough, since it's a bar. :) Maybe we could make time to go to it earlier in the day, who knows. But I definitely want to go now, and I'm sure I can convince DH it's a great place to go without too much effort. :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter