Use Year & When can U book

The Lost Boy

Earning My Ears
We are still considering buying into DVC and I would like some help re use year.

Currently DVC are proposing that if we join now, our use year will start in December. Using magical beginings and a clever sales pitch my actual start date would be December 2002, I sell back my points for this year, get the refund at $10 / point making the purchase price $74 and then I get all of my new points to use in December 03.

My question is, if I have sold Disney all my points until December 03, when can I actually book a holiday at my home resort. The reason why I ask is that we would like to use our points in May/June 04 but are concerned that if we have to wait until December to book nothing will be available.

Also - What experience has anyone had with BCV as this would be our home resort.

Many thanks
Marcus :smooth:

It remains at the 11 month window for your home resort and 7 months for the rest.

The only thing that counts is that you have points available for the time of your vacation - not at the time you are making the booking, if you know what I mean :)

Sorry - haven't stayed at BCV (yet ;) )

Hi Marcus,

Penny's already answered your booking question, just wanted to say that we flew back from 2 weeks at the BCV on Sunday and I promise you won't be disappointed :) The location is fabulous, it's a few minutes walk to Epcot, we also walked back from MGM a couple of times which only took 15 minutes with a baby and 7 year old in tow (and we stopped for good photo op in front of lake with TOT in tha background). StormalongBay was great and not too crowded with the exception on memorial weekend, although we even managed to find a couple of sun beds then with a little patience and perserverance. The proximaty to the Boardwalk was another huge bonus for us, we loved wandering over there for dinner on the front and watching the EPCOT illuminations, ooh I could go on for hours!!!

My only warning though is that you will come back either wanting more points or having bought them while you're out there LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter