Use year not ready yet!

BLTSam

Mouseketeer
We are headed down the end of this month and will be arriving 3 days before our points for the next use year starts, when we will be staying at AKL. Can you recommend a good (reasonably priced) offsite hotel to stay at for the first 3 nights?

We are headed down the end of this month and will be arriving 3 days before our points for the next use year starts, when we will be staying at AKL. Can you recommend a good (reasonably priced) offsite hotel to stay at for the first 3 nights?

I have never stayed offsite since I was a kid and my parents took me, but I know from mousesavers.com that the Hilton at DTD is the only non disney hotel that gives you the benefit of magic hours. I would check out mousesavers. They list some good places. We used their recommendation of the Howard Johnson when we visited Disneyland in California last year and it was everything they described for us. Good luck.

I also recommend mousesavers.com. But why not consider one of the value resorts? Mousesavers often has discounts for them also. They are near AKL and you can use guest services to move your luggage instead of doing it yourself. Which means you can go to the parks earlier and not worry about when your room will be available. This is what I usually do when I need a night or two before my DVC reservation begins. Have a magical vacation! pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

When I am short on points or fly in a day earlier to save on airfare, I have stayed at the Allstar Sports or Music prior to my stay at the AKV. This way I am onsite, I have been able to get a good AP rate. Generally I have Disney move my luggage, but cost of a cab from the Allstars to AKV was about $8 or $9.

Are you visiting places offsite or are you thinking staying offsite will be cheaper? We will normally stay at an offsite Marriott (like a Courtyard, Fairfield, or Residence Inn near airport) for a night (on our travel day) before starting our WDW trip. This year I checked around and we are staying at Art of Animation in a Little Mermaid room (NOT a suite.. basic room) for two nights before starting our points trip. I have two boys and I'm sure neither will be thrilled with the theming, but it is a short stay until we check into BLT, one of the two nights is a travel night, we will be onsite and can use the parks as usual, and it gives us a chance to check out another resort. The rates were actually BETTER than the lower cost offsite Marriott hotel rates. So check the values if you actually want to be onsite. We were surprised we could get a very basic room onsite cheaper than offsite.

runmommyrun said:
Are you visiting places offsite or are you thinking staying offsite will be cheaper? We will normally stay at an offsite Marriott (like a Courtyard, Fairfield, or Residence Inn near airport) for a night (on our travel day) before starting our WDW trip. This year I checked around and we are staying at Art of Animation in a Little Mermaid room (NOT a suite.. basic room) for two nights before starting our points trip. I have two boys and I'm sure neither will be thrilled with the theming, but it is a short stay until we check into BLT, one of the two nights is a travel night, we will be onsite and can use the parks as usual, and it gives us a chance to check out another resort. The rates were actually BETTER than the lower cost offsite Marriott hotel rates. So check the values if you actually want to be onsite. We were surprised we could get a very basic room onsite cheaper than offsite.

I Have use MouseS Site . Save a Bunch of $$$$ , nice people

That's really amazing.

I looked into this for the Marathon weekend this year.

Disney wanted $130 a night for a "Value"

Marriott Fairfield Inn wanted $75 a night.

hmm...

For a savings of $55 a night I got
1. Free breakfast
2. Interior corridors
3. King bed without an "upcharge"
4. A real rewards system that gives me free nights for use on other vacations.

It's a no brainer for me. Disney hotels are generally so overpriced that I won't bother anymore.

And yes folks will say "you have to pay for parking" Well, since I have an AP I don't but... parking is $14 a day. I still saved $41....
I find staying in Lake Buena Vista works great. I can generally be at the park in about the same amout of times as when I stay on property.

We stayed at Buena Vista Suites one night before our DVC stay when we drove a few years ago. I booked through a discount link on Mousesavers. The room was nice but the free breakfast buffet was horrible. LOL

Baymont Inn in Celebration is like 5 minutes from AKL and very cheap and clean. Its located on Black Lake Rd. You exit the hotel lot turn left go to the end of the street turn left and you are Sherberth Rd. Take it to the first traffic light turn left and you are at the AKL.

There is a McDonalds that you can walk to. And Super Target is around the corner. There is also a Logan steak house, Sweet Tomatoes & Flippers Pizza over by Target.

In the last few months I have stay a few nights each at Clarion, on Palm Parkway, the Holiday Inn express, on Palm Parkway, and the Hotel Royal Plaza in Downtown Disney. All fine. The Clarion was $45/might with a code I found on disboards, came with 2 drink coupons, but no free breakfast. It was under construction so a little rough, but can't beat that price! Noisy hvac unit.
The HI Express has a great breakfast, we used reward points for that, not sure of cost. The Hotel Royal Plaza was nice, no breakfast, $85/night plus $11 parking and $16? resort fee?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter