Use Year help please

feistyblue

Mouseketeer
I feel like I am going round in circles so I would really appreciate some help.

I will never travel to WDW in June, July or August and very unlikely to go in September. This is because of the heat and so it isn't a circumstance that is likely to change.

I would like to try May this year, having only been in January and December previously and although I love January for no rain fall and low crowds, I want to try a slightly warmer time.

So if October-May are likely to be my travel months what would be the best UY?

If I buy direct will I get 2011 points?

I feel like I am going round in circles so I would really appreciate some help.

I will never travel to WDW in June, July or August and very unlikely to go in September. This is because of the heat and so it isn't a circumstance that is likely to change.

I would like to try May this year, having only been in January and December previously and although I love January for no rain fall and low crowds, I want to try a slightly warmer time.

So if October-May are likely to be my travel months what would be the best UY?

If I buy direct will I get 2011 points?

In this scenario, an October UY would be best. An October UY means that you have until May 31 of each year to bank points into the next year. Say you plan your big May trip, and then 31 days or more before your arrival date you discover that you must cancel your trip. Your October UY would mean that you have until May 31 to bank those points into your next UY.

Another scenario, for a September UY. You plan your big May trip, and then 31 days or more before your arrival date you discover that you must cancel your trip. Since this "31 days or more" would of course be in April, a September UY would also work because you have until April 30 to bank your May trip's points into your next UY.

Buying direct you will get 2011 points if the UY you get is currently in the 2011 year. DVC does not give you "free 2011 points" if you get a UY from April through Dec it will come with its current years points (2011), 2012 coming this year. If you bought direct and wanted a Feb UY it would come with 2012 only and you would have to wait until next Feb to get your next points.

With that being said there are quite a few resale contracts on the market with 2 years worth of points (some have 3 years worth) for A LOT less money. Research these boards and look at resale before buying direct. I bought 130 point contract at SSR that came with 2009 banked points, 2010 current year points and 2011 points that got deposited 6 months after buying! Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter