• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

use year and banking..

babesboo99

Veteren Disney Vacationer
If we buy now we wanted an Oct use year the points they would give us would be from last Oct from what I was told. Oct 1st would that be 2013 points and if so can we bank them for 2014 trip we would not be going till the end of Oct wouldn't the points expire on the 1st of 2014 because you would get your points for 2015 or can you rebank them? I hope this makes sense.

If we buy now we wanted an Oct use year the points they would give us would be from last Oct from what I was told. Oct 1st would that be 2013 points and if so can we bank them for 2014 trip we would not be going till the end of Oct wouldn't the points expire on the 1st of 2014 because you would get your points for 2015 or can you rebank them? I hope this makes sense.
You can only bank the points one use year ahead.

So, if you bank the points from 2012, they would be good for stays between 10/1/2013 and 9/30/2014. If you do not use those points to pay for a stay within that period, they expire and are lost to you.

Similarly, if you bank the points you get for your 2013 use year, they would then be good for stays between 10/1/2014 and 9/30/2015. If you do not use those points in that period, they expire and are lost to you.

And so on.

Here's a thread that may be of interest:
Understanding Use Year

HTH.

Thank you I understand now. I thought thats what happend but I wasn't sure.

You can only bank the points one use year ahead.

So, if you bank the points from 2012, they would be good for stays between 10/1/2013 and 9/30/2014. If you do not use those points to pay for a stay within that period, they expire and are lost to you.

Similarly, if you bank the points you get for your 2013 use year, they would then be good for stays between 10/1/2014 and 9/30/2015. If you do not use those points in that period, they expire and are lost to you.

And so on.

Here's a thread that may be of interest:
Understanding Use Year

HTH.

Carol, can you add the "Understanding Use Year" thread to one of the DVC stickies? It seems like people find it really useful.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter