Use the lockers for the roller coasters!!!

DisneyWisher

DIS Veteran
Meant use Lockers in title

I work as a CSR agent for roadside assistance, just got a call from a customer that lost his keys on Rip Ride Rockit. Vehicle is a 2013 so you know the replacement key is going to be hundreds of dollars. Save yourself the aggravation, use the lockers.

I work as a CSR agent for roadside assistance, just got a call from a customer that lost his keys on Rip Ride Rockit. Vehicle is a 2013 so you know the replacement key is going to be hundreds of dollars. Save yourself the aggravation, use the lockers.
Ouch...that's rough.

I changed the thread title for you.

Never understood why people Dont, especially when they are free! Cmon people you go upside down and we all know how gravity works

I take a back pack into Disney because you can take it with you on mostly all rides, but when I go to Universal I only have a money belt. I used the lockers at Universal during my first visit and got really good accessing them but did not want to deal with them when going on all the good rides.

I understand using a locker if you have a bag or something, but I've never lost anything out of my pockets on any ride. Not sure how this happens unless your pockets are completely full, or you don't check for things hanging out before you sit down and strap yourself in.

I always use the lockers. I lost a pair of sunglasses on Rip Ride Rockit that I thought were pretty secure. I don't find it a hassle and I'd much rather know my things are safe in a locker than risk falling out of my pockets!

Yikes.

Hope no one got hit in the face by those keys.

I understand using a locker if you have a bag or something, but I've never lost anything out of my pockets on any ride. Not sure how this happens unless your pockets are completely full, or you don't check for things hanging out before you sit down and strap yourself in.

I've read repeated accounts of people feeling things slide out of pockets while on the uphill climb on RRR.

I changed the thread title for you.

Thanks!! You'd be surprised how many keys get lost when people are traveling. Yesterday I had at least 10 calls of lost keys. All were away from home on vacation. Lost on the beach, lost while hiking. I've had people that were coming back from Foreign countries and keys were lost with their luggage (have someone drive you to airport).

Oh another concern if you bought a new car or are thinking about it make sure it has a spare!! They are selling cars with an inflation kit and if you have a blow out, cause side wall damage, or a big nail that came out, the inflation kit will not help. It's unbelievable how many travel hundreds of miles from home without a spare. Holidays are a nightmare because a lot of repair shops are closed especially 4th of July, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years.
I know I'm rambling but since I know you are travelers just want you to be prepared.

If you don't want to use lockers think about wearing clothing with zippered pockets. I have at least 8 pairs of shorts and capris that I bought at Academy outdoors specifically for travel purposes. They have become my favorite travel wear! You can put your most important valuables in the zippered pocket(s) and zip them up. I have bought the Magellan brand. They usually run around $17 for shorts and $27 for capris. I think they also make pants that will unzip at thigh level to become shorts which cost about $30. Best clothing investment I've made for travel (especially theme parks) in years!!

How and why exactly . . . I don't buy it

Unfortunately it's true. I have a 2002 Ford Focus (still gets me around and no payments) when I bought it they told me chip key $175 to replace key. I still have both sets. Not only do they charge for the "key" but then you have to pay to reprogram the car computer. I remember the first one I set up. I asked how much and locksmith said 395, I said oh $3.95 guy laughed and said $395. I was stunned! Some manufacturers will offer key replacement if you buy the extended warranty/ roadside package.

How and why exactly . . . I don't buy it

As others have already commented, It's a legitimate possibility.

more and More cars are using the RFID or key-fob type keys these days. Instead of a "traditional" grooved key, They are using the ole' remote Power locks key fob and either making the key a part of the fob (VW with it's switchblade keys, or some cars which have the power lock buttons on the "gripper" part of the key now)... or using the key fob as part of "Keyless ignition" system. The Car basically can tell that the fob, which is tied to the car, is within the car, which then allows you to simply hit a button on the dash to start the car. I actually rented a Chevy Cruze 2 years ago that had this kind of key fob.

Even before this latest trend of keyless cars, you have the chipped' keys. The Keys actually had a microchip embedded within the key which was read when you put it into the ignition. If the car didn't recognize the chip, then the ignition would never electronically enable.

Car keys today aren't the same as your mom's station wagon keys.....

I keep a safety pin on my key chain and then pin it deep inside a pocket any time I'm at an amusement park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter