Use of extra TS credits

HHMcG

DIS Veteran
Dining plan question...

We are traveling with ILs this trip. My family will have a room - me, DH, DD, DS, DS (<3) so 2adults and 2kids by dining plan standards. ILs will have a room - FIL, SIL and DN so 2adults and 1 kid. My SIL and DN are arriving 3 days after the rest of us. If I put them on the dining plan I know they will need to be on for the full length of stay. Is it against the rules to use some of their credits for my family? Technically we are all resort guests on the dining plan.

If you are all registered in the same room and on the same dining plan you can use any of the credits for any member of your party who are also registered in the same room.

If they are in a different room and they are not arriving when you are, they will not have credits for you to use. Their reservation will be separate from yours.

If they are not in your room you cannot use their credits for your family. Your father in law can use them for himself if he is the only one from their room present but he can't use his key card to buy meals for all the rest of you. He will be able to purchase only up to 2 adult meals and one child meal per transaction.

If they are not in your room you cannot use their credits for your family. Your father in law can use them for himself if he is the only one from their room present but he can't use his key card to buy meals for all the rest of you. He will be able to purchase only up to 2 adult meals and one child meal per transaction.

That is what I assumed. But it would be so easy to have FIL cover an adult and kid from my family on his card. If he did that for two meals we would have our extra credits saved up. It is just the devil coming out in me. ;)

Not going into whether you should or should not have your father-in-law cover some of your family with his card...technically Disney says not to use the credits to purchase meals for others, but who knows when it is one family who are just split up on resort reservations because there are too many of them to stay in one room. At any rate he could not cover your whole family.

TDC Nala said:
He will be able to purchase only up to 2 adult meals and one child meal per transaction.

Disney doesn't have a limit on how many meals can be purchased in one transaction on DDP. if you have 4 TS credits, you can use all 4 at once. We had 4 on our DDP last fall and on the first day we had 18 TS credits and 18 CS. Those were all accessible from any of our Keys, and we could have used them all at once.

Disney doesn't have a limit on how many meals can be purchased in one transaction on DDP. if you have 4 TS credits, you can use all 4 at once. We had 4 on our DDP last fall and on the first day we had 18 TS credits and 18 CS. Those were all accessible from any of our Keys, and we could have used them all at once.

You're misinterpreting. You do get all of your credits at once, but they won't let you charge more credits at one time than people in your room. They don't allow the charging of more meals than people. OP couldn't have her FIL charge something for 3 adults if only 2 are listed on the KTTW for example. You can eat as many meals a day as you want until your credits are used, however.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter