Use DDP Credits for "lesser" meals/snacks?

KSUWildcat

Earning My Ears
I've never used DDP so wondering.... I doubt we'd be able to use all our TS credits (we're more of an on-the-go clan)... can we use TS credits toward CS meals? And/or CS credits towards a snack instead?? I just hate to waste free food opportunities LOL

In general you can use TS credits for a CS meal.

I don't know for sure anymore but there may be some cashiers who will tell you you can't.

As for using CS for snacks, they used to generally allow 3 snacks per CS credit at the resort food courts. There are now reports that they no longer do this (I personally witnessed a guy freak out when he wasn't allowed to do it at Captain Cook's this past January). There are also reports from those who were allowed to do it. There are also reports from those who were offered one snack, not three, per CS credit. Still others have said they could do it, but could only take certain snacks and one had to be a beverage.

So I don't think you can really know about the snacks for sure unless you ask someone actually at the restaurant, and even then the answer might depend on who you ask.

Since you said "free food opportunities," I assume you have used a free dining pin or bounce back offer.

However, if you have paid for the DDP, any "downgrading" is losing you money. You will end up paying much more for those QS and snacks than if you pay OOP for your entire stay. If there is any chance you won't use the credits as they are intended, I would seriously consider dropping the DDP if you paid for it.

If you can't trade 1 CS for 3 SC (which is widely reported as not being allowed any more-it was so nice when it was :confused3) there is still a way to get 2 "snack" items at the food courts. When you order an entree (which you can eat, save for later, or discard) you can get one dessert and one bottled beverage, both considered snack items as well. The selection of desserts will vary depending on the location you are ate-the values and mods have some of the better dessert choices.

You can also do this at any CS location that offers bottled beverages.

Among the FAQs on the dining plan there is one that states specifically that you cannot use a TS or QS for snacks which is why there is such variation among whether/what individual CMs will allow. If you do try, you are more likely to be successful at a resort food court.

I was planning on the fall free dining rumor coming true. No way I'd she'll put money for the plan (too cheap and we'd be perfectly happy eating CS meals OOP with one or two TS meals). But thanks for the info! Now I know how to plan better to maximize the free food!

Posters have said they were able to use TS credits for CS meals, but some have said that you have to use up all of your CS credits first.

Well, yeah... Or they'd just use a QS credit for a QS meal. It wouldn't really make a difference in the end which order the credit is used KWIM?

Well, yeah... Or they'd just use a QS credit for a QS meal. It wouldn't really make a difference in the end which order the credit is used KWIM?

Just pointing out that if the OP knows they're not going to use all their TS credits, they would want to use those at a CS while saving the CS credits in hopes of using them for snacks later on or maybe to take home, but it might not work because they couldn't use a TS credit for a CS meal while they still had CS credits left.

Does this mean they no longer count a fruit, pastry/or cereal, and drink as a continental breakfast at CS anymore?

You can still get a continental breakfast at many locations with a CS, especially food courts.

Good to know. If we get free dining it'll be during F&W and I was trying to figure out how to use up 8 CS between us when we mostly plan to snack/share during midday, have a quick breakfast in the room and use our TS for a couple of Signature dining. Other than EoS we aren't really planning any actual CS meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter