• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Use CROCS as water shoes?

Personally find Crocs to be too slippery and they fell off my kids' feet when we tried using them in a river. Buy the cheap water shoes. Land's End makes nice ones, but they are pricier.

Crocs are really slippery when they get wet. I've fallen a few times after walking through puddles or getting rained on because my foot just slides right off/out/sideways.

I was strolling in my Crocs on the Board Walk early one morning and either it had just rained, or they had just hosed it down. In any case, it was so slippery it was like walking on ice. I didn't fall, but I was taking baby steps like a little old man until I could get to dry land. Since that time I've restricted my Croc-age at WDW to the room and the resort. At home I won't wear them anywhere if it's raining.:earsboy:

I've worn Crocs to both waterparks during our last visit to WDW. I love them. Previously my family had worn the Land's End water shoes which caused blisters on each of their feet. I will say that the Crocs are no good for swimming, but walking from one area to another or walking in the water they were great. Never had an issue with slipping and they're easy to dry off. Water shoes also don't offer enough support or cushion for me. You will be made to take them off on the waterslides, but not really an issue for me. I might be one of the few who likes the Croc, but that's my answer and I'm sticking to it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter