Use all your points each use-year?

What is your points status at the end of the use-year?

• I always have to borrow or rent points each year for my trips and never have anything left over.

• I use all the points of my contract each year; no more, no less.

• Even with banking I am usually stuck with 1-5 points at the end of my use-year that end up dying.

• Even with banking I am usually stuck with 6-10 points at the end of my use-year that end up dying.

• Even with banking I am usually stuck with 11-25 points at the end of my use-year that end up dying.

• Even with banking I am usually stuck with more than 25 points that end up dying.

Results are only viewable after voting.

psimon

Will travel for turkey legs!
I am curious if, on average, people use all their points exactly, always go over and have to borrow, or end up with points left over at the end of their use-year that end up dying. This year I will be stuck with a handful of points I can't do anything with.

Even with banking, points carry over and you can be stuck if not careful or just lucky!

Just wondering if others are in the same boat.

Thanks.... Paul

I usually bank points every year, then plan a big trip with friends to use them up. I've never lost any points.

We're always borrowing so getting stuck with points is not an issue with us.:)

I usually use my points for the current year or bank. I have never lost any points. But I voted borrow, because last year we took a 9 day trip in a GV and I had to borrow:cool1:

We usually use all of ours. There have been years where we have banked and borrowed to do big trips in one year. I am actually renting some of our 2009 points out because we received hotel stays as incentives for buying into VGC, so we have 3 weeks of stays we can use this year and next year.

I lost a few points one year. I had added on and they wouldn't let me bank, now they do. I donated a stay to a charity, but there were still about 3 points that I lost. Now, before we add on late in the UY, I always ask if we can bank the points.

We're always borrowing, that why we had added on, we needed more points!

Bobbi:goodvibes

Well one year I banked 2 points, and another 7, but generally I find myself borrowing (especially for the AKV stays), or transferring in rented points from another DVCer.

Even after addonitis a few times, we're still borrowing all of the time.... But we have awsome vacations!

I'm in the middle - sometimes bank, sometimes borrow but lately mostly borrow. Depends on the plan for the year. Last year I banked but then decided to take a trip to DL so I had to borrow. I've already used all 2009, borrowed 25 2010.

Well, at least that was how it was our past 2 trips to WDW and staying in our villa. However, that will no longer be a problem! We got more points! :cool1:

None of these fit me. I always bank and borrow to get larger trips every other year. I never lose points.

We're always borrowing so getting stuck with points is not an issue with us either.

You didn't have my situation. I usually bank every year and none of them go to waste as I use them the next year.

We lost less than 20 points one year but it was only because we thought they were banked and they were not.

I would never dream of letting even a sinlge point die though knowingly. Never ever. They are much too valuable and that is just a total waste. If I can't use them and my family couldn't use them I would either try to rent whatever was left or even just give them to someone who could use them.

None of these fit me. I always bank and borrow to get larger trips every other year. I never lose points.

Agreed. The option I need is also not there. Inevitably one year I use less than my year allotment and the next year I use more. In 2010 I am going to intentionally try to save around 150 of my points for 2011 so I can have more options for my 20th anniversary.

No good option for me either. Some years I bank, some years I borrow.
It averages out to using all my points, no more, no less, so that's what I voted.

MG

I picked the first option - it was the closest fit.

I don't "always" borrow (which was the wording, I think) but I usually do. I have banked my AKV points because there are less of them and I want to maximize them every 3rd year. I've never let a point expire without using it (we don't have that many to begin with :goodvibes)!

You didn't have my situation. I usually bank every year and none of them go to waste as I use them the next year.

This is us too. I voted "use all the points every year" because we either make a reservation or bank the points. We don't lose them....so far!

Agreed. The option I need is also not there. Inevitably one year I use less than my year allotment and the next year I use more. In 2010 I am going to intentionally try to save around 150 of my points for 2011 so I can have more options for my 20th anniversary.

We too are similar in that most times we use what we have, but there have been times when we have used less and times that we need to borrow. This year we may bank up to 31 pts. However, we still are not within the 7 month window for one of our trips and plan to try and stay somewhere else and thus will use more points.

After two add ons and 500 points I still borrow to the max. Another add on?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter