• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***"Use a Swap Item or Something Special that you've been saving" Challenge ***

MomOf2DisneyKids

<font color=9966ff>Scrapbook mommy<br><font color=
Hi! With the recent talk about actually using some swap items, I thought maybe we could do a little challenge to actually do a layout using some of our wonderful swap creations!!!! :teeth: C'mon, they will look better on a page than in a baggie or wherever they are now... :rolleyes: :rotfl2: So....JUST DO IT!! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

I pledge to do 2 layouts this weekend using some swap stuff. Anyone in?? :banana:

:wave:

ETA: not everyone is in swaps, so if you want to join, just pick something that you've been waiting for "just the perfect time" to use it....and DO IT!! :teeth:

Thanks for the challenge! I am in! :thumbsup2 I will post by Sunday, but maybe only a one page layout! :blush:

lewdyan1 said:
:guilty: I guess I will have to play by myself.

oh, sorry! :blush: After I posted it, I thought maybe it was silly so I deleted it, but when I checked, there were no replies and only 1 view (which was mine). I didn't know anyone else had seen it.

So, c'mon scrappers....bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ready, set, scrap swap stuff!!!!! :woohoo:

sounds like a cool challenge

I would love to see some of the work you all do :teeth:

I'll have a go but OH is doing DIY in the same room I scrap in so it might be difficult! I'll definately try and do something this week though!

I just started swapping, so I'm not in one that's finished yet! However, I am SO far behind in my scrapping (WDW Oct. '05 trip. . .not even started! and let's not talk about those family albums!), I am going to take the challenge to just do 2 layouts this weekend! :banana:

StitchIsOurHero said:
I just started swapping, so I'm not in one that's finished yet! However, I am SO far behind in my scrapping (WDW Oct. '05 trip. . .not even started! and let's not talk about those family albums!), I am going to take the challenge to just do 2 layouts this weekend! :banana:

Great idea!!!!!!! :teeth: Glad you're joining us!!

I'll join you in the fun. I just got back my MK swap materials and there are some fantastic pieces in there.

Great idea! I'll play. :cool1:

Didn't see this last night. Dd had her birthday sleepover. They are finally all asleep and I am tired! Where are the smilies with the toothpicks holding the eyes open?

Jeanne

Hmmm, I think I might try to join in too. I'm in the midst of packing to move to a new house but I'll try to find some stuff to use!

Well, I have just started swapping recently so I have no collection as of yet!
However, I'll join the challenge if I can..but completing 4 pages this weekend.!

Ok, here we go! I was in the Magic Kingdom swap that just ended. The Main Street topper and library pocket were made by Havencruiser. The scan is rather dark and I didn't do the best job stitching the two sides together but oh well.

Come on everyone, start posting!

76718Main-Street.png

patchchild said:
Ok, here we go! I was in the Magic Kingdom swap that just ended. The Main Street topper and library pocket were made by Havencruiser. The scan is rather dark and I didn't do the best job stitching the two sides together but oh well.

Come on everyone, start posting!

76718Main-Street.png

Gorgeous layout!!! Nice swap items!
Thanks for posting.. You have given me inspiration to get myself in gear this evening after dinner when basketball comes on the boys in my house (dh included) will be too busy to notice I'm missing!!

Your layout looks awesome! We are going out to eat with my in-laws tonight, but I plan to get some scrapping in when I become a "basketball widow" after we get back! ;)

love the LO!! Great job...and great swap items too!! :thumbsup2

I did LO's during the week from the ABC swap...I don't have all of the original names w/the stuff, so I don't know whose was whose, but I used Parade, Toontown, and Under the Sea. If you made any of those and happen to be reading this thread, THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :teeth:

Not sure how to join the challenge, but thought I'd share what I did with the Main Street items I received in the MK swap. Sorry it's blurry and a bit dark. I'm still trying to figure out the best way to photograph these. (Don't have a big enough scanner.)
IMG_0411.jpg

Jotash said:
Not sure how to join the challenge,
IMG_0411.jpg

you just joined!! :thumbsup2 It's nothing "official"...no prizes, no winners....just a kick in the butt for some of us to actually USE some of the great things that we've received!!!! :teeth: :rotfl2:

Thanks for sharing your LO--it's great!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter