• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Use $120 for $150 food good anywhere and buy at both parks?

fdecker

Mouseketeer
I was led to believe we could buy a Mardis gras lanyard and use it at any universal restaurant in the park and out. Gate person said she didn't think they sell them at IOA and that they only work at UO. I am at the gate to IOA now!

I’m not sure if they sell them at IoA but they definitely sell them at any Mardi Gras food stand in Studios. It can then be used at any food/beverage place in Studios, IoA and Citywalk… not at hotels though.

I only saw the lanyards for sale at the Mardi Gras food kiosks in US. In addition to the Mardi Gras treats I used mine at:
Finnegan’s (US)
The Watering Hole (IOA)
Hogs Head Pub (IOA)
Fountain of Fair Fortune (US)
Margaritaville (City Walk)

If you’re an AP you can still get a discount on your food and nonalcoholic beverages, including at the Mardi Gras kiosks.

I can 100% confirm ONLY Studios sells the Mardi Gras gift cards as we were there this past week (sadly we went from our nice 85f to 23f weather :()

They ARE USABLE in BOTH IOA and Studios however. They also do NOT expire. Also as previous poster mentioned, if you have an annual pass make sure to 1. show annual pass for discount, 2. show gift card to pay for food 3. win

The gift cards can ONLY be used for food (and alcohol drinks). Keep in mind annual pass discounts do NOT apply on alcoholic drinks

I get this is mostly about Mardis gras, but if you get to IOA on EE and want breakfast, you are out of luck. They should have at least one store sell the lanyards. We had to wait until 9 and then go over to UO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter