• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

USB Charging ports

BhamBull

Earning My Ears
We are sailing on the Fantasy March 25th 2017 for a 2nd time. Does anyone know if they added any USB charging ports in the staterooms? Last time I took a charger with 4 ports (iPhones-iPads-GoPro) and I have seen some photos from the Dream where they added USB ports on the desk and the alarm clock. I really did not want to carry the charger if ports are available.

We are sailing on the Fantasy March 25th 2017 for a 2nd time. Does anyone know if they added any USB charging ports in the staterooms? Last time I took a charger with 4 ports (iPhones-iPads-GoPro) and I have seen some photos from the Dream where they added USB ports on the desk and the alarm clock. I really did not want to carry the charger if ports are available.
Last time we were on the Fantasy, there were no USB ports. I know the Wonder had some added during her recent re-imagining:
outlets wonder 2016.jpg

So there are clocks in the staterooms, now, too? I don't have to pack a clock? The ones with the USB would be perfect, if they have them.

Funny this thread should come up, as I was just looking at multi-charging USB bricks but they all look (and feel) a lot like an extension cord and the last thing I'd want is to have it taken away, if it's something we will need.

So there are clocks in the staterooms, now, too? I don't have to pack a clock? The ones with the USB would be perfect, if they have them.

Funny this thread should come up, as I was just looking at multi-charging USB bricks but they all look (and feel) a lot like an extension cord and the last thing I'd want is to have it taken away, if it's something we will need.
I just hope the new clocks don't have the bright display, and are easier to figure out how to operate.

I just hope the new clocks don't have the bright display, and are easier to figure out how to operate.

I never messed with it but while it's easy to read I didn't feel like it gave off a crazy amount of light. It was a welcome addition. I so meant to take a pic of it and totally forgot.

I've taken a usb charging brick (Anker) and have never been questioned about it.

I've taken a usb charging brick (Anker) and have never been questioned about it.
Which model do you use? I was looking at the Anker Powerport 4, but I noticed on their model comparison that they weren't certified by UL and CE. I thought that was weird. The ones that were had an extension to the wall, not just bricks.

This was on Amazon, but I think it was off their site:
upload_2017-2-24_13-0-51.png

?? On the carnival cruise we took in 2015 we brought a mini power bar with three plugins and four usb ports -- grabbed it at Walmart.
are these not permitted ???

Ha! I am on the Magic now and had not even noticed that the clock had 2 USB ports! I took a pic, but since it is just on my phone I am not sure how to put it on here.

Next to last entry on the list, no extention cords or surge protectors: https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/faq/prohibited-items/list/

You are absolutely correct.
However, we had no issues with the Carnival Cruise...

Ha! I am on the Magic now and had not even noticed that the clock had 2 USB ports! I took a pic, but since it is just on my phone I am not sure how to put it on here.

What about the TV??? most new TV's have USB ports -- it's a hotel trick I use regularly!

You are absolutely correct.
However, we had no issues with the Carnival Cruise...

What about the TV??? most new TV's have USB ports -- it's a hotel trick I use regularly!

Out of the cabin right now. The clock definitely has 2.

Which model do you use? I was looking at the Anker Powerport 4, but I noticed on their model comparison that they weren't certified by UL and CE. I thought that was weird. The ones that were had an extension to the wall, not just bricks.

View attachment 222039

I use the 5 port one. Took it to guest services and it passed the "not a prohibited item" test.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter