• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

USAA premiums

I have two teen drivers and couldn't touch USAA's prices with the other companies I called for quotes.
They were expensive but when my kids started driving biggest benefit is that they each got one accident forgiveness endorsement on the policy - both had the good student discount and all that so maybe that’s why, I’m not sure but it was a big benefit .

This is what is so perplexing- some stuff about them was amazing in the past- but that was in 2013 and 2014 - it’s been five years and maybe something changed. All you need is a different executive with a different philosophy and a whole company culture changes in the blink of an eye.

Reactions: cm8
That was always how I felt and why I stuck with USAA even though pretty much everyone I ever talk to said the rates are so much higher. But, the past three experiences have been fishy. One was have a handled my home, the second is how they handled my daughters renters claim and the third is how they let my sons policy linger and didn’t cancel it when we told them to do so.

I never had another insurance policy it’s what my parents put me on when I was a kid and I just rolled into my own when I grew-up and I just kind of passed my kids into the same environment. I always felt a sense of security with the company but I kind of feel like maybe it’s USAA in name only now. They do still have some of the same people answering the phone but sometimes it’s not. I don’t think it’s USAA people handling my daughters renter policy because I get on the phone with them in a three-way conversation and the behavior is completely different. It’s like they are franchising out the brand & it’s noticible

I totally get what you are saying. Whenever customer service is involved (with any company) its always a "your mileage may vary" sort of thing. My only advice is to contact someone in customer service (not a rep) and express your displeasure. My only ever issue with them was when i was considering using them for a mortgage. The reviews weren't kind but I figured I would still do my due diligence. I wasn't happy with some part of the process and after letting them know, I had a CS case worker contact me and talk about my issue. I ended up not using them for the mortgage but I was happy with how they handled my complaint and it made me confident enough to continue my other business with them.

For me, I also try to balance the little things or items that may only ever come up once. For example, I do my banking with them and have no physical branch. When I retired I got a significantly large buyout check from my employer. My online max daily deposit was like 10k (which of course was more than enough for everything... except this). I called asking about a solution to deposit this check and they didnt hesitate and instantly raised my online daily deposit cap to 100k. It has been 100k ever since. I liked how they handle it.

Im not trying to shill for them. Just adding my perspective and experiences. If they were ever to piss me off, I'd leave in a heartbeat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter