USA ties England!!!!!!!!!!

Altidore off the post, too. Could've pulled all 3 points from that match!

Awesome work, though. Take care of business in the next 2 matches and we may be on our way to winning the group, and getting an easier match in the next round!!

Make us proud boys!

You guys had to rely on a touchdown from a fumble :thumbsup2

Seriously guys, as I said on the other thread, we arent that good. Its a sad indicment of our group that we are the top two sides in this group, neither of us will get beyond the quarter finals perhaps even the first knockout round. You chaps have an excuse, its a minority sport for you but for us its a disgrace. We invented the sport and its our no 1 game yet we are as over rated as can be.

Loved the post-game reference to Bill Buckner. I made that same reference to my DH during the game.

I'll take the tie, even if it was a flimsy goal. I've watched many soccer games over the years...kids and professionals...and you just have to take it one game at a time.

Earlier today the Brits paraded around our compound with English Flags...

We have just returned the favor:lmao:

Loved the post-game reference to Bill Buckner. I made that same reference to my DH during the game.

I'll take the tie, even if it was a flimsy goal. I've watched many soccer games over the years...kids and professionals...and you just have to take it one game at a time.

DS is a just turned 13 year old former keeper, and he was horrified for the England Keeper, but was thrilled with the draw.

Debster! Reminds me...I need to clean out my PMs. :blush: I've been wondering how your tournament went. DS's team is done, for lack of commitment from players. :( Lousy way to go out.

Yes, we felt bad for the English goalie too (but not as bad had it been OUR goalie). I was always glad when my kid wasn't the goalie...tough position to play. One DD did play goal quite a bit years ago...very nerve-wracking for moms!

Will let you know when I've got space. :)

Honestly, neither goal should have happened.

England's goal was off of a shot from the outside of the foot with good coverage. The shot was weak and should have been stopped, but it appeared the U.S. goalie hesitated. Luckily, this seemed to wake the U.S. goalie up because he made some very nice saves later on.

The U.S. goal was just sad. I feel bad for the goalie, I really do. I had something like that happen to me back when I played. Still, it shouldn't have happened but the U.S. got lucky.

I think both teams can easily beat Algeria and Slovenia as long as they don't go out there EXPECTING to win. They need to play well and not get too much of an ego. Will be interesting to see who moves on. It will come down to goal difference (goals scored minus goals conceded) and maybe even total goals scored.

They play for 90 plus minutes, and the game ends in a TIE!!??

Why even bother if nobody wins?

:duck: :tiptoe: :stir:

sorry...I'm not a soccer person...oohh the ref pulled out a yellow card...the hORROR!!:scared1:

You spend all this time and trouble slowly working the ball to your end of the field...when some yahoo runs up and kicks it all the way back to the other end...who has time for that?

I'm wearing flameproof "boots", "stockings", and shin guards...so have at me...

Great job USA!! England is one of the Favorite to win the cup.

Dont buy into that hype. England are behind Germany, Italy, France, Holland, Spain, Brazil, Argentina and Portugal as serious contenders. The second we meet one of them we are out and that could be in the 1st knockout round.

You spend all this time and trouble slowly working the ball to your end of the field...when some yahoo runs up and kicks it all the way back to the other end...who has time for that?

I agree. What we need is more stoppages so that we can advertise guns and hamburgers every 2 minutes. :)

They play for 90 plus minutes, and the game ends in a TIE!!??

Why even bother if nobody wins?

:duck: :tiptoe: :stir:

sorry...I'm not a soccer person...oohh the ref pulled out a yellow card...the hORROR!!:scared1:

I'm wearing flameproof "boots", "stockings", and shin guards...so have at me...

I've spent far too much of life trying to understand why people "hate" a sport to the point that they have to comment on it all the time. I don't like basketball, but I don't go around making disparaging remarks about it...I simply don't watch it. :confused3

Do people feel threated by soccer or something? I'll never know or understand it.

In the meantime, I'll continue to play and watch one of the most exciting and strategic games on the planet. (Ice Hockey being right up there in my book :thumbsup2)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter