Us residents using expedia.ca

niene0319

Earning My Ears
Does this really work? I mean it more than half the price for a rental car through budget. It seems too good to be true. Has anyone done this with no problems?

We have a car booked through the expedia.ca site for $124 for a compact for April vacation. I was very nervous too, but the prices are so much better.

Well, about 3 seconds after hitting the accept button, I get a call from my credit card company checking if I made the transaction, no problem. A short while later I called Dollar to see if they had my reservation. Yes, they have it and when I asked her if there will be any additional charges, she said only if I add something at the counter (I had a prepaid car.)

We have received the credit card statement, and everything looks good, the fee for the exchange rate (or whatever it was) was only about $3.00. I'm bringing a copy that shows the car is prepaid.

So, everything looks good. We head out in about 25 days. Since most of our group is traveling by ME, I have a fall back plan. (Myself and another mom are taking the car to the grocery store while the dads take all the kids on the bus.)

I have no experience with it, but when I read about it on another post I went to the website. This is in the FAQs:

Can I use a credit card with an international billing address?

Yes! Now, if you have a credit card with a billing address outside Canada you can use it for:

hotel reservations
rental car reservations

When entering your international billing address be sure to click "Non Canada billing address" to enable the international billing address format. At this time, you will not be able to book flights with your non Canada credit card.

I'll try to write a thread to let everyone know if it worked for us or not. I sure hope I don't run into any problems because the rate is so good. :yay:

Hi I also used expedia.ca to book a car for June. The rate is great. I use expedia.de (German) also. Living overseas Americans do this all the time to book hotels and book rental cars when traveling. I have never had any problems. You have to know the exchange rates and what charges your credit card has for exchanges.

I'm a U.S. resident and booked Dollar pre-paid through Expedia.ca for a car rental in late Feb 2012 and it worked just fine. :thumbsup2 It was well worth the few dollars foreign transaction fee charge by the credit card company. I added my Dollar membership number at the time I made the reservation, and it was already attached when I checked in at the airport.

I see that it looks like now Budget is showing up through Expedia.ca and I assume it would work just as well. If I don't find anything lower before my upcoming trips, I won't hesitate to book this way again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter