• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

US/IOA, Seaworld, Disney...where to stay w/o moving????

Cyn

Earning My Ears
Title says it all, we are looking for ONE place to stay that would allow for easy transportation to US/IOA, Seaworld, and Disney. We are 5 adults and 1 kiddo, would like a descent pool, and will be 9 days so space would be awesome.

I think somewhere on the south end of International Drive from the convention center area towards Sea World could work,there's tons of hotels on International Drive and the south end is generally considered nicer than the north end.The Comfort Suites on Turkey Lake rd is also located in an area that's 5-10 minutes from Disney,Sea World and Universal.Turkey Lk rd does not have as many places to stay as I Drive but basically runs on the other side of I-4 and merges into Palm Pkwy and the DTD Disney area.To get to Sea World you would just take the Central Fl Parkway and Turkey Lk rd north goes straight to Universal.This is a hotel that I've stayed at several times,it's not the newest and the breakfast area is a bit small but the rooms are in great shape,on the southern end of I Drive you could look into the Homewood Suites,the new Hilton,a nice Hampton Inn behind Pointe Orlando,the Sleep Inn,Hilton Garden Inn and Rennaissance all by Sea World.Again there are a lot more choices on I Drive.

Title says it all, we are looking for ONE place to stay that would allow for easy transportation to US/IOA, Seaworld, and Disney. We are 5 adults and 1 kiddo, would like a descent pool, and will be 9 days so space would be awesome.
I would get a 2 bedroom at Wyndham Bonnet Creek or Vistana Villages. You would have far more room than a hotel and both are easy drives to the parks.

It's pretty easy to get around in the Orlando/Kissimee/Lake Buena Vista area. Disney, SeaWorld, and Universal aren't that far apart, as long as you have a car. That means you could really stay anywhere.

I'm not sure what kind of sleeping / privacy configuration you're looking for. A three bedroom / three bath at the timeshare resort Cypress Pointe or Cypress Pointe Grand Villas might be a good choice for you. Two master bedrooms, a third bedroom -- small with two twins, and a hyda bed in LV, nice kitchen / LR/DR area, washer/dryer, and screened in balcony with table and chairs. These properties are in Lake Buena Vista quite close to Downtown Disney and close to lots of resturants and shops. This is usually our first choice of a property when we need three bedrooms. You can get these retail or rent from a timeshare owner for a seven day stay from a site like Redweek.com or TUG2.net.

I think we are looking more for a condo type set up. I would like a kitchen (DD has peanut allergy and it's easier to have breakfast before leaving in the AM - not to mention COFFEE). The three boys would like to have their own beds - preferably in the same room. Then us and DD. So a three BR would be nice or a 2BR that has 3 sleeping options in one room and 2 in the other.

Last time we went we did two rooms at Pop and it was okay just missed having a decent food prep area that was not in my bedroom :eek:

Keep the suggestions coming!!!!
cyn

I think we are looking more for a condo type set up. I would like a kitchen (DD has peanut allergy and it's easier to have breakfast before leaving in the AM - not to mention COFFEE). The three boys would like to have their own beds - preferably in the same room. Then us and DD. So a three BR would be nice or a 2BR that has 3 sleeping options in one room and 2 in the other.

Last time we went we did two rooms at Pop and it was okay just missed having a decent food prep area that was not in my bedroom :eek:

Keep the suggestions coming!!!!
cyn

Cypress Pointe (and Blue Tree in the same planned development) has the best location in all of Orlando IMO. You can walk to virtually any service/restaurant known, it has extremely easy access to all parks & is only 1 mile from DTD. The three bedroom units have full kitchens, 2 master (king size beds) bedrooms, screened balconies (2) and plenty to do on site from a large game room to large recreation area and pools. We prefer it over any other. Blue Tree is OK - 2 bedroom but still with full kitchen, that great location and nice grounds.

Hi Cyn,

Vista Cay Resort would be perfect for you. It is the only short term rental in Orange County and is located on Universal Boulevard, right next to the Orange County Convention Center. It is about 3-4 miles to Universal, 1-2 miles to Sea World/Aquatica, and 6-8 miles to Disney. It is right off of I-4 so easy access to everything.

They have 2 bedroom/2 bath condos, 3 bedroom/2 bath condos (ranging from 1500 to 2100 sq. ft.) and 3 bedroom, 3-1/2 bath townhomes (1800 sq. ft.).

The resort was built by Pulte, same builder as Windsor Hills and has similar amenities at the Club House. It is 10,000 sq. ft. and has a wonderful pool overlooking Lake Cay, a whirlpool spa, a movie theater, exercise facilities, games room, computer lounge, and it is gorgeous. There is also a sports court and a beautiful landscaped walkway around Lake Cay. Prices are reasonable as well.

Best places to look are www.homeaway.com and www.vrbo.com in the Orlando area. Also, there is an owners' site www.vistacayrent.com.
You can go to Trip Advisor and there are lots of reviews there. It is #1 in Orlando area.

Hope that helps.

Sandy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter