US /IOA scary in Oct.?

MrsMud

<font color=green>Thinks the Ghostbuster wearing t
Okay, I thought I had everything planned for our Oct. trip. We will have our two daughters, 5 and 7, who are not into anything scary. I thought as long as we stayed away from the HHNs we would be fine. But a friend just told me that her sister went last year in Oct. and said it was very scary. She insists her sister didn't go the HHN. So, do I need to worry? I mean, is the park decorated for that stuff all day? I am hoping she just got the wrong info. Please help!! Thanks :(

The park is not haunted at all during non-HHN hours, so there would be nothing scary during this time.

There may be a few decorations, but they'd be of the non-scary kind. Last year, they had this big "dancing pumpkin" that was put up for the first night and was left there to "dance" until HHN was over.

I went to Universal in October during 2000. I noticed that late afternoon, when the park was still open but pre-HHN, some of the characters were starting to walk around the park getting ready for festitivities.

Perhaps this is why some people were scared? Seeing the characters walking around a bit early?

Thanks for the replies. That day will probably be split between the two parks, anyway (redoing our favorites after spending a full day at each), so I guess we will just start at IOA and move to US in the afternoon. Seeing horror "characters" walking around would definitely freak my daughters out!

It's the same price as a regular admission ticket, generally. There are always discounts available. Usually there are specials with Coke, AP holders get discounts, if you already have tickets you can upgrade, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter