US/IOA First Week of December

Discussion in 'Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums' started by MinnBoy, Sep 19, 2012.

1. MinnBoy

MinnBoy Know Enough To Be Dangerous

Planning to head to US/IOA the Monday & Wednesday during the first week of December from SSR. Any reason to avoid those days/that week due to crowds or special events?? Thanks in advance for your insight. :)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Metro West

Metro West <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=blue> Moderator

Early December is usually pretty slow so either day would be fine.

4. mnmrmustard

mnmrmustard DIS Veteran

My fam will be there at the same time, Dec 3rd - 5th and from what I've been able to gather here and other places it should be pretty light :thumbsup2

5. Batesl49

Batesl49 Earning My Ears

I was there last year and had no problems at all. I also will be there this year as well. Nov. 27-Dec 7.
    Check Universal's websit for the Grinchmas and the Macy's Parade dates and times.

Have a great time.
    Laurie

6. mauisam

mauisam Earning My Ears

We've traveled in early December for years. Two year ago WWoHP was busy by mid-day but the rest of the parks were very open.
    I was going to say rides were walk-on but we had the Universal Hotel FOTL pass :) Thast said, the parks were real slow for us on a Sat & Sun.

Before WWoHP was opened we went to IOA in early Dec, and I was the first, and only, rider on both Dueling Dragons Coaster. I asked if there was an issue with balance and the ride attendents laughed. I did get a bit spooked by myself in the line thru the castle. For a second I wasn't in Orlando and was avoiding a dragon!

I'm sure a Mon & Wed will be very doable.

have fun
    mauisam

7. Bluer101

Bluer101 Waiting till vacation comes, oh that's next week!

We go every year for the first weekend in December. The only days that gets a little more busier is on Saturday due to parade and concert. Other than that is pretty slow and the weather is normally real nice.