US Airways??? Should we book??? Help!!

famfab5

Mouseketeer
I've been playing the "will they or won't they come down in prices" with SW since I booked our flight to WDW last month. The prices just aren't budging for our flight home and the only flight back is very late at night! I have been looking at other carriers and found a similar price to SW but leaving at a more attractive time. I am VERY new to flying and would be driving again if it were not for the grandparents coming with us this time. How is US Airways??? Are they reliable? Do they cancel flights often??!! Help me please, so I can finally enjoy the remaining time till our trip!!!:headache:

I have flown them many times out of Phila and Us Air is fine. No complaints. I do like SWA because of their inexpensive flights, the ability to rebook at a lower fare, and the ticketless travel funds,

I ve flown US Airways and no problems, but i didn't want to play the wait and see game with SW or the other Airlines so I booked on AirTran for $112 down Per Person and $89 Up per person.

I wasn't happy with any airfares I had been seeing but I did find a fare on USAir at a time I wanted for $89 one way. I then proceeded to book JetBlue one way on our return home just to get the times and prices we wanted. I am happy I didn't wait any longer because the prices just rose after we booked.

I am soooo peeved! I just checked the US Airways flight I was thinking about booking and it is now up 30.00 per ticket just from this morning...:badpc:

I have flown them many times out of Phila and Us Air is fine. No complaints. I do like SWA because of their inexpensive flights, the ability to rebook at a lower fare, and the ticketless travel funds,

I've not had a problem with them. We are flying them in April to MCO.

We booked and then a couple months later saw the fare dropped about $50 roundtrip. I called and they sent travel vouchers for double that amount for each of the tickets (a little over $100 per voucher).

I am soooo peeved! I just checked the US Airways flight I was thinking about booking and it is now up 30.00 per ticket just from this morning...:badpc:

Try it again tomorrow. I've seen that happen and it goes back down the next day. I think if you are searching for flights by doing a "dummy reservation", their system somehow holds the seats internally and then gives you a higher fare thinking all the cheaper seats are gone.

I've not had a problem with them. We are flying them in April to MCO.

We booked and then a couple months later saw the fare dropped about $50 roundtrip. I called and they sent travel vouchers for double that amount for each of the tickets (a little over $100 per voucher).

I was wondering how you went about this. Is that their standard policy? We have flights on Airtran and of course I booked last week afraid of the price going up more and now it's $40 dollars cheaper which adds up to $160 for the four of us. Just wondering if it's worth it for me to call and how to go about it.
Thanks -
Heather

Well, we booked USAIR back in January for our trip in April. We got $69 one way and $99(?) coming back. So for the 4 of us it came out to $589 including tax. Anyway, I am now kicking myself because SW has $49 each way! :headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter