• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

US Air to/from Philly questions

Hi!

Can someone tell me if I can print my boarding passes from the US Air web site? I haven't flown US Air in years & I am not sure how things work with them. Do I still have to go to the counter & check in. Do they have sky caps to take your luggage at the curb? Just trying to find out thier procedure so I am not running around like a mad woman :earseek: when I get to the airport at 4 in the morning!

~Thanks :flower: ~

Yes, you can print your boarding passes on USAirways 24 hours in advance of your flight. Once you do that, if you have luggage, you can check it at the curb if you wish. If you don't have luggage you are checking (just carry-ons), you can go straight to your gate (after going through Security, of course).

If you have luggage and can't do curbside check-in for some reason, if you've checked in online, go to an e-ticket kiosk and use that to get tags for your luggage - a customer rep will assist you with this.

you can print your boarding pass starting at 24 hours prior to your flight. US Air does have sky caps at the curb for check in. The last time I flew in July the sky cap told me that if you are checking your luggage printing your boarding pass ahead of time really does not save any time.
According to the Usair website their ticket counter at Phila airport does not open until 4:30, I'm not sure what time curbside starts, but I would suspect around the same time as the ticket counter.

Checking in ahead of time with luggage doesn't really save any time.Ifyou were hoping to get a different seat that is the time you can do it yourself if any seats are available.

I usually do the online check-in even with checked luggage to make sure they have my seat or to see if I can get a better seat (example - exit row). I've had cases where they have changed my seat when I got to the airport, so I'd rather have it printed out ahead of time.

byoung said:
But you will pay more then Southwest. :banana: :Pinkbounc :banana:

Not always true, generally when SW opens their schedule US Air will lower their fares. We are flying to WDW in less than 2 weeks, our roundtrip airfare is $116.00 each, this was comparable to SW.
Usair has more flights than SW so you have a better selections of times. SW first flight out for our dates was 6:35am and then the next flight was not until 10:40. Usair has 7:00am, 7:40am and then 9:30am.
6:35am is really too early for us but then the 10:40 flight does not get you in until after 1:00pm. I like the 7:40 flight, its not too early, but we will still get into MCO around 10:20am.

byoung said:
But you will pay more then Southwest. :banana: :Pinkbounc :banana:

helenk said:
Not always true, generally when SW opens their schedule US Air will lower their fares. We are flying to WDW in less than 2 weeks, our roundtrip airfare is $116.00 each, this was comparable to SW.
Usair has more flights than SW so you have a better selections of times. SW first flight out for our dates was 6:35am and then the next flight was not until 10:40. Usair has 7:00am, 7:40am and then 9:30am.
6:35am is really too early for us but then the 10:40 flight does not get you in until after 1:00pm. I like the 7:40 flight, its not too early, but we will still get into MCO around 10:20am.

I don't care about paying more for flying US Air (it's only money, you can't take it with you :teeth: ). They had the flight times that I wanted so that is why I went with them. If Southwest would have had decent times I would have picked them. Just because it's cheaper doesn't mean it's better. You get what you pay for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter