urgent question: when did you get your room assignment

janischa

Mouseketeer
hi, just wondering for anyone who has been to Disney recently (DVC stay) and checked in online. Did you go to reception as well? And what time did you know your room assignment?
I have a renter in Disney now (past 4pm) and she hasn't had her room assigned yet. She has checked in online but hasn't passed by the front desk.

thank you

I always stop at the front desk when I arrive and let them know I am there and want whatever room is ready the fastest.

I was at RIV from March 8 to 11 and got my text for my 1 bedroom at 12:45 pm.

hi, just wondering for anyone who has been to Disney recently (DVC stay) and checked in online. Did you go to reception as well? And what time did you know your room assignment?
I have a renter in Disney now (past 4pm) and she hasn't had her room assigned yet. She has checked in online but hasn't passed by the front desk.

thank you
Has she gotten the welcome text?

From Disney: Your room is still being prepared. We appreciate your patience! We will notify you as soon as your room is available. Text STOP to cancel.

That should at least show her that Disney is aware that she is in WDW and they know that she has a reservation.

But there have been times when I never got a room ready text even after getting the above text. I had to go to the front desk to find out where my room was.

I got an email at 4:02 last Friday, but she should also look in MDE in the resort section to see if anything is listed there.

Once the room is ready the room number and mobile key will show in the MDE app. I don’t always get the room ready room notification texts so I check MDE periodically when waiting for room assignment.

thank you
She's now in the park and will probably only get to the reception around 10pm. I hope that the online check in is sufficient for them to start allocating a room, because if not, she may have to wait quite a bit into the evening.

I've received a text while still sitting at the airport waiting for our flight! That was around 8:30 am telling us the room was ready, the room number and that we could go directly to the room.

Other times it's more "normal" around 2-3pm. It really varies depending on time of year and how busy they are.

thank you

In January we got our text for our Kidani studio a little after 4:00 PM, just as we were approaching the entrance. Three days later, we got our text for our BWV 1 BR around 12:30 PM. We did online checkin for both, put our estimated time of arrival at 4:30 for the first one and 11:00 for the second. We didn’t go to the desk either day. Hope your renter got her room assignment well before she left the park!

Check your online checkin. My last 2 trips, the arrival time changed to “after midnight”.

The last two times we went (most recently in December), we got a welcome text as we got off the plane, letting us know our room wasnt ready (we landed around 11:30). We got on magical express around 12 and while on the bus got a text notification that our room was ready. My mom had separate room booked, and she also got the room ready text about 10 minutes after we did. So both our rooms (2 bedroom and studio) were ready by 12:30 and we received texts letting us know and to head directly to the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter