URGENT!! Please help

Our family has been gone from the house on and off all day but I have been keeping up with this thread...I could hardly wait to get home to see what happened. I have chill bumps just thinking how this all came off at the last minute, kind of like a movie. Wow, DU and Shirley have shown themselves to be genuinely concerned for others and willing to do what it takes to help those in need...no wonder their businesses are thriving :)

Happy birthday to Mariah and congrats to Steph on making it! As exhausting and scary as this whole experience has been, just think of the great story this will make for years to come...;)

Wow. This thread made my day - to everyone at The Perfect Gift & Dreams Unlimited - you are amazing!!

(((hug)))

May your generosity and goodness come back to you a thousandfold!!
:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

And...........Steph & Mariah are on their way!!!

Disney Wonder sailing out of Port Canaveral on 9-6-09
9-6-09Wonder.jpg

We have been out this afternoon and I was telling DH about the situation on our way home. I am not sitting here with tears of happiness flowing. I doubt that you could find better or more caring people anywhere. :)

WOW!!!! I'm so glad I read this after all ended well!!

Thank you Shirley, Norm, Kelsey, and John and everyone else who had a hand in this. You are all incredible. I'm so glad I booked through DU. Shirley - I'll also be calling you about a basket for our Jan cruise.

Have been following this thread, and thrilled to hear there is a happy ending! Way to go all of those who were involved in making this cruise happen! :cheer2:

Wonder sailing by the Two Palms cam on Sunday 9-6-09

Have a WONDERful cruise Steph & Mariah!!!

Wonder9-6-09tp.jpg

I had to leave the house for a few hours and was so relieved to come back and find that everything worked out. Wow, what a cliff hanger!! I echo everyone else in applauding Shirley, Norm, John and Kelsey for truly going above and beyond. You guys rock!! :goodvibes

You know one very important person on this board started the ball rolling and it was Venrandaman who dropped me a note so I have to include him in all of this applause.
IF Andy wouldn't have written when he had, we all could have been too late to do anything. I am watching the Disney Wonder sail by the condo right now and she is in sight of the Cocoa Beach Pier - of course she is quite a few miles from where I am, but I know she has 2 folks on her now with smiles on their faces.
Steph was just running in circles trying to decide what to do since she had little monies on her, but DU came again to the rescue and gave her credits for drinks etc on them.
Now just tell me is there any other place to go except DU - think about it and remember had it not been for this board, Steph and her DD wouldn't have known as to where to go for help.
Long story and making it a short story - mom and DD from the Netherlands 2 months ago
Dropped off in Titusville which is 20 miles from the port - didn't know where to go or who to turn to - she called us and she was safe and sound less than one hour from getting her phone call so that is why yes this board is so important and when folks go out of their way to help such as DU and their team, you do have a safety net.
Just food for thought
Hugss
Shirley

What a happy ending to this nerve wrecking story.
Shirley and Norm as well as DU team and all the good people who tried their best to make this trip come true are amazing!:grouphug:

to ALL of you involved, including the hotel employee who met Steph half way to PC. :worship: :worship:

You all ROCK!!!!!:woohoo: :woohoo:

ivet

Amazing Work!!!! What a happy ending!!! Kudos to all involved for their hard work and true caring! :goodvibes

Oh my goodness this is such a great story with a happy, happy ending. :) I am officially a DU fan.. and of course a huge Shirley fan, as well. :worship:

This will be one for the books! :goodvibes

My husband Alan came in to tell me "You have to read this post. All of it! It's amazing". I sat down and starting reading this thread. I know the people on this board are special but what Shirley, Norm, DU, Kelsie and John did just floored me. I started crying as soon as I read the post that Steph and Mariah made it on board. I shared this post with my 18year old son and he was just as impressed as I was with the help given to Steph and Mariah along with everyones prayers for them.

My mom taught us that our job here on earth was to help people when we can and that is what I have taught my son. You are all a shining example for us to live by.

My hat is off to all of you :) You have reinforced my belief in the goodness that is in each of us.

Can't wait for our 2nd Disney Cruise (Disney Magic, October 23, 2010) to begin. Such great people here :)

Doesn't get much better then that now does it?

I was so excited when Shirley stepped in, even more excited when DU stepped in, estatic when the hotel found the tossed bag with documents intact, over the moon when they met them half way but when I read "They made it on" I collapsed. How many times do these things happen and the ending is different. OR when there is no one to turn too?

I sincerely hope everyone is putting lime green DISBOARD Magnets up on there cabin doors. Now we need to get a DU magnet made and one for Shirley and Norm too! They all deserve high praise.

And I love that it all started with one small cry for help for a husband who good bless him, loves his wife but never understood her DISBoard obsession until today and then a fellow DISSER thought to go the extra mile and list phone numbers and send emails to the right people. . .

THE DIS ROCKS!

Feeling the love for all of you who recommended we go with a TA and DU particularly.

What a story, maybe the Port Canaveral papers can pick it up and run with it! Cause if they do? I KNOW someone will post the link her on the DIS!

Happy Birthday and Happy Sailing!

:cool1:What an amazing end to a long day! Have a wonderful trip!:cool1:

To Shirley and the DU team - you folks are awesome!

Yay! I was reading earlier today and came back to find this thread had gotten a LOT longer. I started at the end and found out the story ended with a happy ending! Prayers DO work.

I am so glad that DU is our travel agent for our next cruise in December. I hope to NEVER need the service that was provided today, but I feel safe knowing my cruise is in their hands.

And for the previous poster who said they'd be sending in a big order to Shirley, I agree with that, too. I've looked you up on the internet and found your business so that I can order flowers from you for our cabin on the 12/5 sailing of the Magic. You'll be hearing from me. :cool1:

Inkmahm (Karen)

WOW! I just read thru this whole thread and had tears in my eyes when I read they were on board. This was better than a movie!! And great to know there are really good people out there!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter