• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Urgent passport question....please help!!!!

debbiebones

Mouseketeer
This is like a bad dream! We leave on our cruise a week from today and we just took our passports out to get things ready...only to discover that my passport still has my maiden name on it! When we were married (almost 6 years ago), I had to renew my passport for our honeymoon but obviously since I had to renew it before our wedding day, it doesn't have my married name on it. At the time, I just had to show my marriage license and I was fine.

Well, now 6 years later...I'm panicking, wondering if our trip has been ruined our if I can still present my marriage license to validate my passport. It doesn't help that it's the weekend and Monday is a holiday so I doubt I even have time to expedite anything to get it changed.

Can anyone offer any helpful words in this matter?

Thanks,

an anxiety-ridden Deb

Deb,

Do you have a certified copy of your birth certificate? I believe you would have needed that to get your passport...but your certified birth certificate and drivers license will be just fine!!!

Jobro2 is absolutely correct. You do not need a passport for your itinerary. A birth certificate with a raised seal and photo ID (drivers license, military ID, Etc) is all you need. You are a US citizen, right? Relax and think happy thoughts.

Thanks both of you for replying so quickly. I do have my birth certificate and I am indeed a U.S. Citizen...a frantic one obviously : ) I now realize you're right, proof of citizenship can be in the form of a birth certificate. When I took out the passport and looked at it, it made me panic and guess I wasn't thinking straight for awhile!

Thanks again...back to the packing and one less worry!

Deb

Last year we went on the Magic and used passports. My DW never had her name changed on hers (we were married 7 years at the time). We brought our marriage license and they took it that way without even a second thought. Her passport was scheduled to expire last October, so we just had her name changed on it when we renewed it. We also brought her birth certificate just in case, but we didn't need it. In a couple of weeks, we'll all have valid passports with correct names on them!!

If you're using the certified birth certificate and photo ID you do NOT need to bring your marriage license, as long as the first name and dates of birth match on both documents.

Enjoy your cruise! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter