URGENT: Magical Express Question

jenbear123

Disney Fanatic
Fellow Canadians! Hear my plea!

Tomorrow we will be leaving Toronto and arriving in Orlando at approximately 9:25pm (if the plane arrives on time of course). We have decided that we do not want to have Magical Express take care of our luggage since we'll be arriving so late. We would rather avoid being awoken at 1am for our bags to be brought to our room :scared1:

Has anyone flying from Toronto done the Magical Express this way before within the passed couple months? I'm interested to know what the process is. TIA

If you can bring all the things you need for an overnight sleep, you could always ask Bell Services to keep your luggage until you call the next morning. I've heard many people with late arrivals have done that. Of course, since there is so many restrictions on carryons, you may not be able to take the toiletries.

There is no definite way to find out when your luggage will be delivered. They usually tell you about 3-4hour wait time, but I've had luggage delivered to our room over 6 hours later (good thing it was still early).

Otherwise, it may be best for you to pick up your own luggage and take it to the bus with you. But remember not to put the tags on if you are picking it up yourself. Just let them know when you check in to Magical express counter that you have picked up your luggage. They'll direct you to the line and you will take the luggage to the bus.

If you do not want to use Magical Express BAG service at Orlando go and pick up your bags as usual. DO NOT put the yellow tags on your bags. Take your bags with you to the check in for Magical Express BUS service. Your bags will be put underneath the bus. It's not a problem. Remember that you should tip the driver though if he handles your bags.

We've picked up our own bags lots of times and have just taken the bus with our bags underneath. It's not been a problem at all.

We are considering picking up our luggage to bring on the ME. We are arriving at 1:00 p.m. but I just feel more secure knowing we have everything in case we need it after checking into the resort. Can someone tell me approx how much time this would set us back if we chose to pick up our luggage.

We are considering picking up our luggage to bring on the ME. We are arriving at 1:00 p.m. but I just feel more secure knowing we have everything in case we need it after checking into the resort. Can someone tell me approx how much time this would set us back if we chose to pick up our luggage.

In general, getting your own bags will delay your resort arrival by about 20-30 minutes. Sometimes baggage claim can take longer, however, so there's no way to know for certain. (In one extreme case I waited nearly two hours for the luggage to hit the carousel.)

Also, if you take your bags on the bus, please be prepared to tip the driver about $1 per bag for handling them for you.

Depends on your airline and how long it takes them to get the bags unloaded.

Jenbear123, We'll be doing this too in Aug as our flight also arrives late. We're just going to pick them up at the baggage claim before boarding the bus. Have a great trip! I'm really jealous. You have a few trips lined up. :)

In general, getting your own bags will delay your resort arrival by about 20-30 minutes. Sometimes baggage claim can take longer, however, so there's no way to know for certain. (In one extreme case I waited nearly two hours for the luggage to hit the carousel.)

Also, if you take your bags on the bus, please be prepared to tip the driver about $1 per bag for handling them for you.

I have done it both ways, and have not found any difference in time.
The buses are on a schedule, that is how it runs. It doesn't matter if it is ME, or if you pick them up yourself.

Jenbear123, We'll be doing this too in Aug as our flight also arrives late. We're just going to pick them up at the baggage claim before boarding the bus. Have a great trip! I'm really jealous. You have a few trips lined up. :)

Don't you worry! You're trip will be here (and gone!) before you know it. I'm jealous you'll be staying at the Wilderness Lodge. That is my :cloud9: resort. If my bank account allowed it, I'd stay there everytime. Though it never hurts to see what else is out there! I hope POFQ doesn't disappoint.

Thanks for the tips so far everyone!

We picked up our own luggage from the West Jet Carousel and checked in with Magical Express, had our bags put on the bus and arrived at CBR in a half an hour. No problem at all. Bags unpacked, checked in, and in our room within an hour.
Worked very well for us,
d

We are getting in on an AC flight that arrives at 11:40-ish, (at night) so we don't have the option of ME handling the bags for us, which is fine. I would rather collect them and put them on the ME bus. That way, we have everything and we don't have to worry about the bags not being there when we are.

Can't wait! 12 days to go!!!!:dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter