Urgent help needed re: late tickets from Airtours!!

disneydolphin2

Earning My Ears
Hiya all
I need some advice from you all. I have booked to visit Florida and stay onsite at disney ASMo 10-24 May....just two weeks away!!!!.......with Airtours/MyTravel.
My big problem is they have told me that my air tickets have not yet been printed and are delayed. They seem to think this is ok and that as a last resort i could even take a letter to the airport and queue at Customer Services prior to Check in.
I have never flown before and am rather anxious about this news.
Have any of you found yourselves in this position and if so, how probable is it that once at C.Services, they could fail to find our details and we find ourselves stranded in Manchester flippin' airport??
Sorry but this has really stressed me out.....i am trying to plan our fortnight there.......no easy feat ......AND ive sprained my ankle (superb timing!) Ok temper tantrum over
Any clues?:( :rolleyes: :mad:

Hi,
I have done this lots of times when I was living in the UK.All you do is go up to the cust.service desk and collect what they call a eticket.Do not worry,all will be ok,you just need your passport for ID purposes.Very rare for them to not have you registered.Enjoy your holiday.
Sarah.

I have never had to collect tickets at the airport but it is quite common for late bookings. I would phone Airtours the day before to double check - presumably they have given you some sort of reference for your booking. I would check with them how early tickets can be collected.

I would then turn up at the airport extra early to make sure I could shrug off the last minute panic before boarding the plane.

I am sure everything will work out ok but I can imagine how it's making you feel.

Good luck.

Thanks guys for your help
I would expect to pick up tickets from airport if it was a late deal or something but when youve booked months in advance .......well, anyway i am calm again now! :rolleyes:

.....its getting so close i can hardly bear it!!!

What should i be doing two weeks before flying out? Apart from panicking!
:Pinkbounc

Yes, we have done this with airtours. They said they were having trouble printing the tickets????????? and we had to collect them at customer services before check in. Like you, I panicked at this, but as it turned out, it was very easy and no bother at all. Dont worry.

Good luck.
Allie.

You know thats strange.....guess what i was told!! Uhuh....trouble printing out tickets!

Is there much of a delay to the whole checking-in process what with having to queue at Customer Services first? Seems to be no point upgrading all their customers to Holiday Plus, which enables you to enjoy a reduced 90 mins arrival prior to check-in, if then they forget how to print their tickets and make you go early anyway!!
I just hope everything goes to plan.
Thanks for answering.....its reassuring to hear that they do get things sorted eventually.
:)

:D It seems as though it's not uncommon from the other replies - don't panic, it'll all go fine:D

Sorry to hear about your ankle - plenty of rest before you go, take some zip-lock bags with you to put ice in when you return to your hotel room, that'll help with any swelling due to park strain;) :D

You'll have a fantastic time - all the panicking will be worth it (it's my 6th trip this year and I still panic about everything right up until we're in the hotel room:rolleyes: :) ).

Thanks everyone for easing my worries

My ankle is starting to feel better thankfully, though still a little weak and tender. We were planning on buying a cheap cooler from Walmart or similar and filling zip-lock bags with ice from the ice-machine anyway so ill be sure to pack some extra for me!

(Thats what you get for partaking in bouncy castle fun at birthday parties at my age!!! LOL)

Will be sure to let you all know how we get on.
Regards
Karen :);)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter