Urgent Grocery Advice needed

CrispImage

Earning My Ears
We fly to Anaheim tomorrow (we are currently in San Francisco) and l was all prepared do do a grocery order through Vons but when l got to the payment screen you have to enter the postcode of the billing address for your credit card and it won't accept my Australian postcode. I rang their customer service basically said l can't do it. Are there any other options for grocery delivery to the PPH?
Thank you Kylie

That or just buy a pre paid visa card. I am guessing you don't want to stop and shop because that's park time!

What kind of groceries do you need? Just snacks and beverages (like bottled water)? Or more substantial groceries? There is a 24/7 CVS on the corner of Katella and Harbor that carries basic groceries (dairy, water, snacks, alcohol, some produce, etc.) and a Target on Harbor (about one mile south of the parks). You could use Uber or a taxi to go to either, although technically the CVS is walkable if the groceries aren't too heavy.

I will be in the same situation as a Canadian. I'm going to try to sign up for a free trial of Amazon prime and see if I can order that way. I haven't done it yet because it's only a 30 day trial and I'm not going until July.

Good luck!

Consider changing your subject line (can that be done anymore?) to indicate that you're looking for the solution to the zipcode problem with Vons. This is a topic that comes up often, and I'm pretty sure people have found workarounds. I just can't remember them. Subject line with the full problem in it might bring those who know the answer into your post.

I would buy a Visa Gift card you can probably get one in SF and do the order with that. Then when they ask you for a zipcode use the hotels. You could also call cab or an Uber (you would have to download the app) and have them take you to a grocery store there are several near by. :) Good Luck!

Honestly for grocery delivery last minute on the weekend, they probably don't even have any delivery times available so it may be a mute issue. Not sure about a solution, but if there are multiple adults, once at the hotel you could take a taxi to Von's or Target to stock up. That's what we had to do once when the hotel denied our delivery (after multiple confirmations that we did NOT have to be present and they'd accept the delivery with NO alcohol).

What kind of groceries do you need? Just snacks and beverages (like bottled water)? Or more substantial groceries? There is a 24/7 CVS on the corner of Katella and Harbor that carries basic groceries (dairy, water, snacks, alcohol, some produce, etc.) and a Target on Harbor (about one mile south of the parks). You could use Uber or a taxi to go to either, although technically the CVS is walkable if the groceries aren't too heavy.
Can you buy things like coffee creamer, breakfast cereal, sandwich fixings at that CVS you mention? And is the water going to be "better" priced? (Meaning less than $1 bottle?)

Yes, the CVS should have those things (I'm fairly sure, but haven't bought those specific items there). But if you are looking for real half and half, only the ABC Mart just north of the 7-11 carries it. Not sure about the water prices, but it should be easy to call the store to check. If CVS prices are too high, check across Katella at the 7-11 or at the ABC Mart. It's nice to have 3 options close together.

Prices are good at CVS, cheaper than 7/11. Depending on where you stay, some of the local places will shop for you. Residence Inn will shop and put your groceries away for you. No lost park time. They shop at Albertsons.

I wish we were staying at Residence Inn! Unfortunately - we are at the Marriott (we are attending a conference for most of the week) - so we will only have a mini-frig. The conference rate is actually pretty decent and we can get it for a few days before and after - so it doesn't make sense to move for the few days that are personal days. And it look like there would be a charge to hold a package if I ordered from Amazon Prime or tried grocery delivery.

Sounds like we'll be CVS shopping!

I've had success using 99999 or 00000 when it doesn't accept my Canadian postal code (not that site specifically, but on other sites and at gas station pumps). Doesn't always work (more likely to work at gas pumps), but maybe try.

There was some trick someone had mentioned here once - I have the same problem as a Canadian. I think it involved swapping the letters in my zip code for 0s? I wanted to look it up before I went in May. Last time I did Amazon Fresh by signing up for the 30 day trial and then cancelling it before it billed me $300 for the year. I believe Amazon Pantry allows you to order some things as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter