Urgent Concierge Question

cgolf

DIS Veteran
We have a chance to upgrade from a standard veranda room to the similar room at the concierge level. The dilemma we face is it worth the extra 1700$. We can afford to pay it if the perks are worth the extra cost, but don't want to waste the extra cash if the perks really aren't worth it. Any opinions, as we are really torn on what to do?

Thanks
cgolf

We did it..to us the extra room and service were great, I wasn't too concerned about the money as I was enjoying our room and service for a week..was it worth it to us? YES....Would I do it on less than 7 day cruises...maybe..

Perks-
A direct line to your host who are there to serve you
DVD players in your rooms with a HUGE selection of DVD's
Treats in your room every day
Special receptions with character meet and greets
Most of the time free sodas and waters anytime you want them in your room(everyone else pays, but I suppose in a way you've already paid for them)
55 minutes of free wi-fi
Personalized itinerary developed for you by your team..
A pretty GOLD card rather than the blue cards ... :)

I am sure there are others but thats all I can think of...

Keep in mind that you also should think about the OTHER expenses that you'll be spending on top of the upgrade fee during your cruise...

What ship are you sailing on?

We will be on the Fantasy. Generally we don't run too big a tab, but we are looking forward to getting the drink passport in the skyline lounge. We loved spending time there when we went on the Dream earlier this year.

Other then the extra tips at concierge level are there any other costs involved?

cgolf

We will be on the Fantasy. Generally we don't run too big a tab, but we are looking forward to getting the drink passport in the skyline lounge. We loved spending time there when we went on the Dream earlier this year.

Other then the extra tips at concierge level are there any other costs involved?

cgolf

We didn't have any other fee's on our bill other than the upgrade charge and our tip we left for them...

Here are some posted from another thread..I know some of these are not the same on all the ships..

has their own check in line and waiting area at Port Canaveral
o Ability to be the first group to board the ship
o rooms ready earlier. Ours was ready at 12:45
o luggage in room earlier. Ours was in the room around 1:15.
o Bathrobes and slippers for the adults
o Arcade Cards for the kids
o Bowl of fruit in our room on first day
o Refrigerator filled with H2O, coke, diet coke and sprite. We could get more up in the Lounge.
o Happy hour before each dinner seating.
o snacks throughout the day
o access to a concierge lounge on deck 12
o access to a private concierge deck on deck 13
o 16x20 lithograph.
o Private meet and greet with a Disney character on the "At Sea" day. This takes place on the concierge deck. The hosts don't know who it will be until the character shows up. Ours was Goofy.
o They have breakfast up in the lounge on disembarkation day till 8:45. We did this instead of showing up at Animator's Palette at 6:45am which was our assigned time.
o once you board you are taken up to the concierge lounge. The hosts present you with your itinerary, review it and are able to help book/change shore excursions. Reps for Palo/Remy, kids club and the Spa are there to assist you with new reservations/changes. This is better than having to go to 3 different areas of the ships.
o access to the cabanas. Even though on-line showed the cabanas were sold out, we were offered a Cabana for both days at Castaway Cay.
o Free 100 minutes of wi-fi (you need to purchase the $40 package and it will be refunded)
o Complimentary iPad rentals

We would take it. The perks are worth it in our opinion. It is nice to just go to one person for all of your needs. It is nice to have the chance to get all the best bookings for most things on the ship. Have a problem or a question? Get it answered or solved right away. Also we aren't drinkers but we saw plenty of people making up some of that cost difference during the free alcohol times in the lounge during the dinner cocktail hour. The sun-deck access is also nice as well. The above list is pretty complete. The extra cost is that once you travel concierge it is difficult to go back.

$1700 on a 7 night cruise is $250 per night...maybe it helps to ask yourself if it is worth that to you.

Biggest perks on the Fantasy--you'll have PJ as the concierge manager. He is AMAZING. If there is any way he can arrange to say "yes," he'll do it.

Second biggest perk--concierge lounge/sundeck. OK, $250 per day would buy a lot of those "complimentary" smoothies, wine, etc. But the lounge is really nice.

It really becomes a personal matter. The perks are nice, but no one else can answer the question of what you might do with the money if not cruise in concierge.

Thanks for the info, I left the decision to DW. It was an easy decision when the rooms were not available (for sure yes), but when the room is there for the taking the second and third thoughts creep in.

we're just off the Dream where we stayed in a one bedroom concierge - concierge was totally worth it to us.
definitely worth every penny on the Dream

we're just off the Dream where we stayed in a one bedroom concierge - concierge was totally worth it to us.

I'm glad you enjoyed your cruise. I hope you no longer feel you were ripped off by booking early and paying dearly.

disneyholic family said:

Who were the concierge cm on the Dream? We are sailing in jan

I'm glad you enjoyed your cruise. I hope you no longer feel you were ripped off by booking early and paying dearly.

i still think we overpaid - it was a question on the comment card and i answered accordingly.
but we did have a great time!! so no regrets in terms of that.
by the way, the concierge team told us that disney is seriously considering retrofitting the classic ships to include a concierge lounge.

Who were the concierge cm on the Dream? We are sailing in jan

it was anne marie, andy and andreia

but i'm pretty sure andy won't be there in January - i think he's on vacation then.

and in two weeks he switches to the fantasy before going on vacation..

What recent info are you needing? Andy, PJ, and Alice are on the Fantasy, I believe Julia is on vacation and Kemeisha is supposed to be back soon I think.

How much more is a concierge suite, typically? We are booked deck 10 Category 4, and I'm wondering how much of a difference that is. To the OP: did DCL contact you for the opportunity to upgrade?

I've not sailed concierge since 2008 but was on a three night and tipped $20 per cabin. Not sure what is right but that's what we did even though we didn't use their services much.

We did however sail last week on the Dream and had a cabana that is serviced by the concierge staff. The two people we met were Andreia from Brazil and Ashley (man) from India. I gave them an envelope with a $20 tip as they were very helpful, and Ashley said they pool their tips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter