urgent care in WDW?

disneymomej

Mouseketeer
I have been watching my sister's 3 kids for the last few days for her, she has been out of town. Her youngest began throwing up this morning:sad2:. His parents come home tonight.

We are leaving for WDW Saturday morning. We have 4 kids of our own, and traveling with one additional one for a total of 5. Needless to say, I am panicking. Not sure I prevent this stomach bug from hitting my kids as they have been together for days. Just thought I needed to be prepared if they needed a doctor while we are there. Praying for healthy kids during our vacation.:confused3

Can you tell me if there is urgent care/pediatricians in WDW?

We were sick after 4 days into our 8 day vacation with a stomach bug. We took a cab from WDW to After Hours Pediatrics in Hunters Creek. They are open until 11pm or midnight and even do xrays. They are great, the only other option we were told was a dr.'s visit to our room at $500 an hour for each that was sick or the emergency room at the hospital. After hours peds also accepted our insurance we just paid our copay. They also called in our meds to a pharmacy that delivered our scripts to the hotel. Think positive but should you need care this place is great.

If it's a bug, could you call your kids doc and explain the situation and ask for a script for Zofran just in case?

My doc has done that.

I have been watching my sister's 3 kids for the last few days for her, she has been out of town. Her youngest began throwing up this morning:sad2:. His parents come home tonight.

We are leaving for WDW Saturday morning. We have 4 kids of our own, and traveling with one additional one for a total of 5. Needless to say, I am panicking. Not sure I prevent this stomach bug from hitting my kids as they have been together for days. Just thought I needed to be prepared if they needed a doctor while we are there. Praying for healthy kids during our vacation.:confused3

Can you tell me if there is urgent care/pediatricians in WDW?

ARe you staying onsite. The concierge will help you out...hey can get scripts dropped off and the local pharmacy they use it great...they shuttle you back and forth to dr urgent care.
Lets hope they all stay healthy...plenty of fluids, wash those hands....good luck!!

This is one area I can sadly say that we are experts!
The front desk of any Disney resort will have a pamphlet for Centracare.
They are several clinics around Disney property.
They will send a Doctor to visit if that is the service you choose OR they will send a van to pick you up and bring you to one of their clinics.
Wait times on weekends and holidays can be long, so please consider once you have the pamphlet, making an online reservation. It will give you a time to come in and reduce your wait time.

We have used them twice. Once dd got Strep throat and we went on our second day of the trip. The first visit was when ds who was 6 got a very high temperature and a stomach ache. I thought it was a bug and observed him for the day. At one point he went downhill very fast and we went to the clinic. They told us it was a 3 hour wait but I asked them to please check his temperature as he was very hot. They did, and called an ambulance:sad1:
We were taken to Celebration hospital, given IV fluids and pain meds and sent by a second ambulance to Florida Childrens hospital for a CT scan.

He had a small obstruction in his appendix. The IV fluids and antibiotics helped him and we made our flight home about 36 hours later.

Long story short. We went back to Disney the exact same week the following year. Last day of our trip ds came down with what looked like it might be the stomach flu. We flew home, and ended up in the hospital for two weeks with a ruptured appendix!!

I have no idea what it is with Disney and my sons appendix but the whole thing was frightening.
Centracare was wonderful and very helpful to us both times we had to use their services.

Yup there are definitely services close by. My friends daughter gets sick every time they've gone from swine flu to strep and the hotel has shuttled them to the walk in clinic and to the pharmacy on the way back to the hotel.
This past Sept while I was there my DD8 came down with a rare disease while at WDW and I must say if you have to use the hospital in Orlando, they have a wonderful pediatric wing. Both my DD's were totally spoiled while there.

We used CentraCare just a couple of weeks ago. Nice staff, knowledgable, but do as a previous poster said and make an online reservation. I had to wait a ridiculous 3 hour wait with a feverish, crying baby and that was no fun for anyone. Otherwise, no complaints.

We were sick after 4 days into our 8 day vacation with a stomach bug. We took a cab from WDW to After Hours Pediatrics in Hunters Creek. They are open until 11pm or midnight and even do xrays. They are great, the only other option we were told was a dr.'s visit to our room at $500 an hour for each that was sick or the emergency room at the hospital. After hours peds also accepted our insurance we just paid our copay. They also called in our meds to a pharmacy that delivered our scripts to the hotel. Think positive but should you need care this place is great.

:confused3
There is a CentraCare right around the corner from DTD (not far at all).

http://www.centracare.org/Locations/LakeBuenaVista/tabid/14614/Default.aspx

:confused3
There is a CentraCare right around the corner from DTD (not far at all).

http://www.centracare.org/Locations/LakeBuenaVista/tabid/14614/Default.aspx

We had to use the Centra Care by DTD twice in one trip. First day there DS was lethargic, warm and not eating. Van picked us up and took us. Waited a few hours to find out he had a bad sinus infection. There is a phamacy attached to it that does not take insurace (at least back in 2006) but sid you could send it to your insurance to be rembursed. Two days later I was there ended up haveing mono and pink eye. Interesting trip.

OP hope you all stay well and have a great trip! :)

We had to use the Centra Care by DTD twice in one trip. First day there DS was lethargic, warm and not eating. Van picked us up and took us. Waited a few hours to find out he had a bad sinus infection. There is a phamacy attached to it that does not take insurace (at least back in 2006) but sid you could send it to your insurance to be rembursed. Two days later I was there ended up haveing mono and pink eye. Interesting trip.

OP hope you all stay well and have a great trip! :)

There is a Walgreens a block away.

12100 S Apopka Vineland Rd
Orlando, FL 32836
407-238-0600

Open 24 hours | Drive-Thru Pharmacy | Take Care Clinic | One Day Photo | Redbox

We also had used Centra Care but we were less than pleased with the service. We drove over and put our name on the list as it was a long wait. made our resssie. Came back and still waited another 3 hours to see a doctor.... frustrating with a sick 3 year old. plus it was hard to keep her comfortable and entertained. Good luck and i would try calling your family Dr before you go for advice.

Oh, I am sorry. The stomach virus is Everywhere right now. We were there two weeks ago and DS5 got it on Wednesday, DH on Friday an DS19 the morning we came home. I waited to the next weekend when I was suppose to leave to go out of town again!

It was not fun, but it was a fast...hard hit...Pretty much 24 hours and we were better though DS really did not eat well the rest of the trip.

My question it, do most people really do the urgent care or ER for the stomach virus? Now when DS was little he had a terrible virus that landed us in the ER, but most times they are self limiting and not really a lot a dr can do.

There are things I wish I had with me when we got sick:

pedialite or gateraid
extra PJ's ( i trashed a few things)
plain crackers
extra trash bags

Housekeeping was great and did an extra cleaning and bed changes and brought extra towels etc and were FINE with me throwing out a few towels during the night rather than calling them!:rotfl2:

Praying for a healthy trip. Maybe start the airborne for everyone!

Oh, I am sorry. The stomach virus is Everywhere right now. We were there two weeks ago and DS5 got it on Wednesday, DH on Friday an DS19 the morning we came home. I waited to the next weekend when I was suppose to leave to go out of town again!

It was not fun, but it was a fast...hard hit...Pretty much 24 hours and we were better though DS really did not eat well the rest of the trip.

My question it, do most people really do the urgent care or ER for the stomach virus? Now when DS was little he had a terrible virus that landed us in the ER, but most times they are self limiting and not really a lot a dr can do.

There are things I wish I had with me when we got sick:

pedialite or gateraid
extra PJ's ( i trashed a few things)
plain crackers
extra trash bags

Housekeeping was great and did an extra cleaning and bed changes and brought extra towels etc and were FINE with me throwing out a few towels during the night rather than calling them!:rotfl2:

Praying for a healthy trip. Maybe start the airborne for everyone!

No I don't go to any type of clinic for a stomach virus. Or anything that isn't presenting like it could be treated with antibiotics.
However, like I mentioned earlier upthread, my seven year old presented exactly like he had the stomach flu, and by the time it started to really worry me because he was in severe pain, it turned out his appendix had ruptured.:sad2:

Sometimes it's better safe than sorry. Though if your sure it's a stomach virus, you should probably keep it out of the clinic to prevent spreading, because there's nothing they can do for you unless you are dehydrated.

We used the centracare in DTD when DS needed stitches. The WR was full but they were very quick about getting us back but then waited about an hour in the back for the stitches. DS was bleeding pretty good so I think that lessened our time in the waiting room!

We used the centracare in DTD when DS needed stitches. The WR was full but they were very quick about getting us back but then waited about an hour in the back for the stitches. DS was bleeding pretty good so I think that lessened our time in the waiting room!

To clarify, there is not a Centracare in DTD. It is at the end of Hotel Plaza on South Apopka Vineland Rd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter