upset and beside myself

changing dates slightly does help avalibility, that is what I had to do with the 30% deal they just released for BC (and I did it the day it was announced to the general public and I still had problems!!!) not sure if you are stressing about pop warner or CBR, but just wanted to give my 2 cents about CBR, I love it there!! I love the food court, there is so much to chose from, the pool is nice, the grounds are nice, it has that nice relaxed laid back feel about it. I would give it a go! I love it there and I cannot say enough good things about it.

Yes, I've tried adjusting dates by a few days each direction. I've also been on the website a few times a day while waiting on the TA and earlier today when she told me POR wasn't available through the website said it was and then it wasn't. I've stayed at CBR before and due to health issues, the size of the resort, size of the beds, and the odds of Pop Warner being there from what others here have told me is why I am inclined to stay away. I didn't have a good experience at CBR on my honeymoon with a highschool group that clearly wasn't chaperoned well.
As for acting quickly I don't think I was all that slow. I've been on top of things and in the past haven't had a problem like this with a promo or this particular TA.
As for alternative I meant like I said a resort with a queen bed and quiet pool without paying thousands of dollars more something comparable at a mod.

No one is around for me to discuss different dates but I am thinking maybe going instead from 11/21-12/1. Anyone want to give me their take on crowds at this time? The resort I want is available. I am also opting for 11/11-11/21 when the resort is available. Concerned it won't be decorated or in full swing yet. Any thougths on that? We originally were going in FEb for DS 10th bday but compromised for the promo to see it at the holidays. I don't want to take the holiday aspect away too since it seems it will be further from his bday. I don't want to be "you can't go for your bday and now you're not going to see the holidays either" .He's a good kid with some health problems and he compromises a lot in life based on his health and I don't want to make him compromise anymore of the trip.

We were at AKL last November from 13th-20th, the crowds the first few days were non existent - it was great. The closer it got to the weekend, it got busier but still really manageable (remember, Thanksgiving was earlier last year). At some point in the middle of the trip, the hotel's Xmas tree was up and the lobby was fully decorated. The Osborne Lights were up at HS, MVMCP was in full swing and AK's Xmas parade was also going on....all this to say, you won't be missing the holiday feel if you pick Nov 11-21. I hope it works out for you.

We were at AKL last November from 13th-20th, the crowds the first few days were non existent - it was great. The closer it got to the weekend, it got busier but still really manageable (remember, Thanksgiving was earlier last year). At some point in the middle of the trip, the hotel's Xmas tree was up and the lobby was fully decorated. The Osborne Lights were up at HS, MVMCP was in full swing and AK's Xmas parade was also going on....all this to say, you won't be missing the holiday feel if you pick Nov 11-21. I hope it works out for you.

A few years back we were at WL the weekend going into Thanksgiving departing on the Tuesday before. The resort was decorated fully and crowds became progressively heavier the closer we got to Thursday.

Thanks for all the response.... a good night sleep seemed to help and give perspective. I have a couple options that we could do and I think we will discuss it today when my parent's who are travelling with us arrive. One option is to change the dates to earlier in Nov....we will be able to get the resort we want and get free dining. The other is to keep the dates we have but go offsite which I haven't done since a child. I have a friend whose god mother has a 4 bedroom town house that she rents out and I checked and they are open for our current dates. Of course this means no FD but with the saving on accomodations it works out. It will be basically a trade. Now we';ll pay a ton for food but not accomodations. We tend to eat at more expensive places at Disney or character meals. YOu can't get a dining plan if you don't stay on Disney property right? I believe I would just get AP's then to. If choosing the town house ,it's by the week so we might as well get the AP and then maybe we could come back later on in the year but either way it's cheaper than a 10 day park hopper and a 4 day park hopper and if we stay longer we will be at Disney longer as a trade off for travel to and from the parks and no EMHS. Anyone have any comments on either option? Again, thank you for the support last night and the positive comments.

memakwed said:
Thanks for all the response.... a good night sleep seemed to help and give perspective. I have a couple options that we could do and I think we will discuss it today when my parent's who are travelling with us arrive. One option is to change the dates to earlier in Nov....we will be able to get the resort we want and get free dining. The other is to keep the dates we have but go offsite which I haven't done since a child. I have a friend whose god mother has a 4 bedroom town house that she rents out and I checked and they are open for our current dates. Of course this means no FD but with the saving on accomodations it works out. It will be basically a trade. Now we';ll pay a ton for food but not accomodations. We tend to eat at more expensive places at Disney or character meals. YOu can't get a dining plan if you don't stay on Disney property right? I believe I would just get AP's then to. If choosing the town house ,it's by the week so we might as well get the AP and then maybe we could come back later on in the year but either way it's cheaper than a 10 day park hopper and a 4 day park hopper and if we stay longer we will be at Disney longer as a trade off for travel to and from the parks and no EMHS. Anyone have any comments on either option? Again, thank you for the support last night and the positive comments.

We had a lovely stay in a rental home in March 2012. Plenty of room for everyone to spread out instead of being on top of one another.

If you're going to get an AP, you can buy the Tables in Wonderland card. It will give you 20 percent off at most TS restaurants and a few CS places, as well. Happy planning!

It has been a few years since we went during the 11/11 timeframe (it is our anniversary!) and here is what I can tell you: the trip we arrived on 11/10 and stayed til 11/19 was our very best trip ever!!! There were definitely more guests there around 11/11 as it is Veteran's Day but nothing crazy like summer crowds, but right after that it was looooooow crowds. We walked onto so many attractions. They were putting up Christmas decorations, we saw the Gingerbread House at the GF and attended Osbourne Lights and MVMCP. I would not hesitate to go during that time and, in fact, I would highly recommend it! The dates between Veteran's Day and Thanksgiving are winners in my book.

I'm wishing you all the best as you plan your trip! I hope you get exactly what you want in terms of resort and FD.:thumbsup2

I really feel for you. I had a communication lapse with my TA last year and honestly, although I like her as a person and think she is a good TA, I am probably not going to use her next trip.

If you go with CBR, see if you can get preferred. That way you will be close in and the kids will most likely be in one of the other sections. We had a huge sports group at CBR last March and they were all in Barbados and since we weren't, we barely knew they were there. Groups rarely go into the preferred room category.

If you stick with onsite, I would book on your own today then call the TA and cancel your existing reservation.

Offsite might work well. Getting AP's will give you frer parking at the parks and the ability to get TIW which is a great discount.

Hope you get it all worked out!

But one way or the other, I'd lose the TA!

Thanks, for being so helpful. I didn't think about free parking or TIW with the AP. TIW was $75 last I remember is that still the case? Off to find what restaurants take TIW to see if it will be beneficial for us. Is there anything else I am forgetting about with an AP?

Frankly, I don't see the added value of your Travel Agent. She really doesn't fit your needs. I would cancel with her and either book yourself or have your reservation transferred to a TA who specializes in Disney vacations.

That being said, just because there is no availability this very minute does not mean that there won't be availability in the future. People book things and their plans change and reservations open up even with Free Dining. I once booked at one of the All Star during FD when POP was booked and I called a couple times a day (before web reservations) and was able to change my reservation to POP in less than a week. Unfortunaeltly, this method of getting what your want when you want it requires someone who is willing to call multiple times a day.

Good luck!

Thanks, for being so helpful. I didn't think about free parking or TIW with the AP. TIW was $75 last I remember is that still the case? Off to find what restaurants take TIW to see if it will be beneficial for us. Is there anything else I am forgetting about with an AP?

TiW is now $100. You also get a 10 percent merchandise discount with an AP and you'd be eligible for AP discounts on rooms.

Sounds like you are leaning toward sticking with your original dates. Just wanted to point out, if you do change to Nov 11TH-21ST, a few things that are usually not there holiday wise are the Candlelight Processional, the Story tellers in Epcot and the tree on Mainstreet, USA. Other than that most holiday decorations should be there.

Also, if you go ahead and get AP you will be eligible for the AP rate which has not been released yet for those dates. I suggest that you keep an eye on the boards for the AP rate to be released and try calling yourself the day it comes out. You may get some pixie dust that way. You don't need the AP itself to book, just need to show it within 24 hours of check-in. :thumbsup2

This is our plan for the first week of December, AP with TIW. ;)

I appreciate all those that have given positive feedback to my situation. After talking with family we decided staying onsite is important to our needs. We will be changing our dates. Right now we can get the hotel we are looking for and will be able to see the candle light processional at the end of the trip if all goes well.

I' ve continued checking to see if anything has opened and while it doesn't work for us King rooms at CSR opened up today if that helps anyone else with a PIN code looking for our original time frame. I am still looking out for our original dates since my DH and Dad still have to make sure they are available to go at the new time.

With our new dates we will be able to do all the holiday things that we would have done in Dec.
Story tellers in EPCOT, the processional, MVMCP, and osbourne lights! Am I forgetting any other holiday fun? Fingers crossed this all works out this time.

You aren't going to wait around until Wednesday for the TA are you? Get it booked yourself before what you want is gone again.

I've been diligent about checking several times a day and while our original date is still not available finally changing by a day it is!!! Once everything is booked and we're successful I'll report back and as always thank you to all that had positive comments.

I've been diligent about checking several times a day and while our original date is still not available finally changing by a day it is!!! Once everything is booked and we're successful I'll report back and as always thank you to all that had positive comments.

That is wonderful!!! Fingers crossed that you get it!!!

I wanted to say thank you for all that responded to my plythe. I wanted to report happy news and say our trip has been booked with our PIN for free dining and after many up and down moment we were able to get the dates of 12/4-12/14 which is ok with us. Our original dates were 12/1 -12/11. We are now happy to know that we are indeed staying at POR in a royal guest room with pool view. Of course standard would have been fine but it's not like I had a choice when trying to book two rooms together. We also know we will definitely be in prime holiday time so candle light processional and MVMCP here we come! Yes it will be during pop warner week but it is what it is we're going to Disney and the happiest place on earth can't be all that bad right?! Now to tell my family and booking dining on June 7th! Wow, where is my family why is the world finding out first that we are indeed going on vacation. If only everyone could diverge on one spot today but I bet I'll just tell everyone as I see them.
Thanks again for letting me vent and emote here since my family wasn't home then either!! you guys were great with advise and support!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter