Upset about photopass

Perhaps the CM thought you meant 'are the pictures on my PP if I buy the package'. So if they said "here is your photo, it cost XX, would you like to purchase?" and you said "will the pictures be on my PP card" and they said "yes", then they didn't really lie, it was just a miscommunication. They may not have been clear but they didn't lie in that instance. Just a thought.

If you can get digital copies of restaurant pics, that pretty much guarantees I'll never pay for PP+ again. Ride photos are cute but they're never anything I'd want to frame or keep or show off. We did PP+ in 2012 (the first day it was available, actually) in order to get the restaurant pics. (We had something like four ADRs that had pics you'd have to pay for.)

However, ride photos are not worth it in the least to me.

Not that I personally care but if they are doing this it kinda defeats getting pp+ imo.

Personally, I think that the regular Photopass CD is on the way out, and soon you'll only have the option of Photopass+ if you want a CD at all. I think that allowing the restaurant pics on the regular CD is just a transitional step until they phase out the regular CD altogether.

How do you log into the old site again, I forgot. :confused3 I have some ride pictures missing from my pp+. I know you're suppose to pick Disneyland to reach the old site but my pictures are'nt there. Should I retype my pp card number on the old site. I'm nervous I do'nt want to loss my pictures.

You get BBB with either card. You pay for the photo shoot and they add all images to your PP or PP+ card. I am guessing it is the same for Pirates League.

With Plus you get a 5x7 print along with the images on your card.

If you can get digital copies of restaurant pics, that pretty much guarantees I'll never pay for PP+ again.

I completely agree.

If they continue to have both products but the digital images are on the normal PP, I won't buy the Plus anymore. (I too have a feeling they are going to move towards Plus-only, though)

If you can get digital copies of restaurant pics, that pretty much guarantees I'll never pay for PP+ again. Ride photos are cute but they're never anything I'd want to frame or keep or show off. We did PP+ in 2012 (the first day it was available, actually) in order to get the restaurant pics. (We had something like four ADRs that had pics you'd have to pay for.)

However, ride photos are not worth it in the least to me.
This is way I feel, the ride pics are cute but mine are only on my cd nothing more.

I agree, I was skeptical but there are reports in another thread.

It's still a good deal for us if since we always get our photos taken and want the ride photos, too.
I understand that and I sorta agree but I'm not sure I'd pay extra for ride photos 98% of time.

Personally, I think that the regular Photopass CD is on the way out, and soon you'll only have the option of Photopass+ if you want a CD at all. I think that allowing the restaurant pics on the regular CD is just a transitional step until they phase out the regular CD altogether.

could very well be and what I hope is really the case.

With Plus you get a 5x7 print along with the images on your card.

I completely agree.

If they continue to have both products but the digital images are on the normal PP, I won't buy the Plus anymore. (I too have a feeling they are going to move towards Plus-only, though)
I love pp+ but for me it's more for rest. photos, the ride ones are just bonus in my eyes.

I have already bought my pp+ for Jan trip so I have few months too see what they decide they are doing.

Only the photopass PLUS has the options for the character meal photos to be included automatically.

I believe that you can purchase your picture and get it added to the regular photopass card.

If you had the pp plus, then definitely contact them, the new site is not the greatest, and I'm missing four sets of photos that they can't find at all, which sucks considering the good experiences I'd had in the past.

On the photopass website, under the "help" tab you can fill out a form to say that you're missing photos

Only the photopass PLUS has the options for the character meal photos to be included automatically.

I believe that you can purchase your picture and get it added to the regular photopass card.

There have been recent reports that the digital images are put on your normal PP card, without having the Plus.

Whenever we have visited WDW and taken the photos at the restaurants they have always given us a receipt with a code and we were able to have a CM add those photos to our PP before leaving the parks and didn't need to purchase the actual hard copy image at the restaurant.

Did you check to see if they gave you the image code on your receipt? If so, they can add it for you. Good luck!

Last Friday night, DH's company rented out Six Flags. We came home with two sets of ride photos - probably because only those two rides were taking photos that night. He got one set of 5x7 each and the digital copies emailed to him. I will scrapbook one of each for our pages.

The bummer was that they took pix of us coming into the park and gave us little sheets of paper to claim them, but I could not see them on the website. One was even a magic shot. Not really happy about that. Turns out we were supposed to get a card like PP.

So I guess what I am saying is that Disney PP might not be the best, but it is definitely not the worst.

This is not correct and apparently, it has recently changed. We just were there, had a regular PP and our character meal pics are on our card. We didn't have to have anyone do anything and there was no number on a receipt. Just plugged in the card number once we got home and character meal pics are there.

OP call them. You have the date and time and they should be able to find them. I know they destroy the actual prints after a shorter time if not purchased but the digital prints should still be in the system. Ask if you can order a digital download. It's worth a shot

pixiedustmomma said:
You get BBB with either card. You pay for the photo shoot and they add all images to your PP or PP+ card. I am guessing it is the same for Pirates League.

True for BBB, but for PL you need PP+

I wasn't aware of the changes to regular PP until I saw this thread. If you now get the restaurant photos on regular PP, count me in as one of those who will no longer purchase PP+

I could almost imagine them doing away with the prints entirely. That's got to be a lot of manpower and ink and paper to print them etc. I wonder if that's the direction they are thinking of going?

I wasn't aware of the changes to regular PP until I saw this thread. If you now get the restaurant photos on regular PP, count me in as one of those who will no longer purchase PP+

Photo pass plus is the only photo pass Id they are currently scanning for dining photos.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Photo pass plus is the only photo pass Id they are currently scanning for dining photos.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Sothey are not scanning regular photopass cards? In the thread I linked to above people posted that regular cards get the digital images at meals now.

I could almost imagine them doing away with the prints entirely. That's got to be a lot of manpower and ink and paper to print them etc. I wonder if that's the direction they are thinking of going?

I swear I read somewhere recently that you no longer get the dining prints with Photopass +. I would love confirmation on this as that was the only reason I preordered it and I'm not going to be very happy if they sold me one thing and then give me less. (You still get the digital images, just not the hard copies)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter