• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Upsell rates??? UPDATE!!!!!

I called this evening to see if I could be one of the lucky ones to be offered an upsell. I did include tickets and dining when asking for a price.

I tried to book Pop for July 25-August 1. Nothing offered.

I tried for the All Star Music Suites. Nothing offered.

I tried for a mod (I don't remember which one). Nothing offered.

I ended up putting a hold on a room at Pop. In the meantime, I contacted AAA to ask them for a quote from them. I am curious to see what the price difference may be.

Also, when I went into Disney.com to play around some more, I could no longer get a room at Pop or ASM for those dates. Perhaps I should call again tomorrow, try to book either of these places, and then perhaps I will be offered something. :confused3

Who knows? But is it all very interesting. :)

I took the gamble of seeing if I could get an upsell....I did.
I asked ONLY about resorts that either had no availability or only suites etc available. I had to inquire on 2 before the offer popped up. Of course it was BWI. When I juggled my dates YC came up.
I was pretty sure I couldn't get the resorts I was inquiring about and that was the whole purpose....hoping the upsell would appear. Perhaps I was lucky or perhaps that is how to have a better chance at the upsell....I don't know, but I'm happy:thumbsup2

HAS ANYONE BEEN OFFERED AN UPSELL AFTER THEY HAD ALREADY MADE A RESERVATION. I CALLED TWICE WITH NO LUCK. SHOULD I KEEP TRYING OR ONCE YOU'VE MADE YOUR RESERVATION IS THERE NO HOPE THEN? IS THERE ANY HOPE OF A DISCOUNT OR UPSELL IF YOU HAVE FREE DINING? I'M TICKELED WITH FREE DINING, BUT I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO SAVE A DOLLAR.:surfweb:

I just looked at the popwarner site and the championships start the 1st and end the 7/8th. Part of when we are going! We were going to look at POP to stay at since I dont think I can swing a deluxe or mod like I wanted. What are the odds of getting an upsell then if I ask for Pop?

Let me see if I can be more clear on what happened to me.
I have a split stay.
I made ressie at Sports w/ ticket upgrade discount back in Feb (no longer avail).

Last week....This is what I did when making a ressie for the remainder of our split trip stay.
First I looked up on the WDW site for value or mod resorts that were full or near full.
When I called I purposefully asked for rates/dates for resorts that I knew were full or near full (only suites avail).
I asked for each of these in one call knowing that they would probably be unavailable.
They told me they were unavailable.
I was offered an upsell.
In the process of trying to decide on if I wanted to take the upsell to BWI, the CRO looked up my current ressie (Sports) and told me she could offer me an upsell on it as well.
Now I don't know if that was only because I was offered an upsell on other dates or if they are trying to get me to spend more $$$ on a more expensive resort by offering the upsell.

I had planned if by the time I had asked about the resorts that were full and no upsells were offered that I was going to tell them ...I had to think about the other resorts and decide wh/ one I'm interested in. Basically -- ok, thank you...and hang up.

I hope that clarifies.

I think I'd ask if an upsell is available.....never hurts to ask.

Thanks to you guys, I got an upsell today! :cool1:

I was only booking for 2-nights, 8/11-8/13. I first checked the website to find any mods or values that were sold out. The only thing was CS, all the rest looked available. Based on everything I read here, it seemed that it had to be a package that included dining. Since we have APs, I told her I was looking to book dining and just 1-day MYW base tickets. So, I asked for CS and she said it was sold out, but all the other mods were available. I decided there was no upsell for me and so I asked about WL, which is what I was thinking of booking anyway. She then stopped and said, "wait . . . it looks like I'm getting an offer direct from the YC." I did a little happy dance.

She offered me $891.76 for 2 nights YC std view, with 2 adult and 2 child 1-day MYW base tix, and dining. I jumped on it and booked it. I did the math later, and it works out to 40% off the rack rate at YC and full price for the tix and dining plan.

After thinking about it this afternoon, I decided we really would rather be closer to MK, so I called back to see if I could change it. The agent said yes and quoted me $910.68 for Poly GV, $1080.76 Poly MK View, and $972.76 for GF GV. I went with the Poly GV. I did the math on these and it seems to be the same deal - 40% off rack, full price for tix and dining.

If good AP rates come out for those dates, I may end up cancelling it since it it includes $262 worth of park tickets I really don't need. While I can apply them to my next AP purchase, I won't need to do that until April 2008.

Anyway, I thought I'd share the details in hopes that it might help someone else.

Good Luck!!
Leslie

I wish I could get an upsell! I have called every other day for the past 10 days or so just to see whats available. But I was looking at room only. Maybe I should change to package? But we also arent going until 11/25

Today I called to check the price for WL for Oct. and she gave me the price then offered me a upsell to AKLV for 87.54 more for the same dates. I dont know why it was such an odd amount though . But she did tell me it was a studio and rerad off what it had in it . I thanked her and and said that I would ask my DH about it when he got home. She said when I called back it may or may not be available to me at that time .

Congratulations to the lucky upgraders! I have gone to WDW too many times to count and have never received an upgrade of any kind -- free or paid for. Maybe I'll call and check some rates at different resorts and see what happens. :wizard:

After reading this thread & the AP rates some were getting, I tried calling yesterday evening to see what was available for our dates (currently booked DVC @ WL 6/23 - 6/28).

I indicated that a room or studio would suffice. I didn't mention any codes upfront (not even AAA); was offered these rates w/o mention the "Z" code:

Studio @ SSR @ $164+ night

1 BR OKW @ $275+ night

WL, BC & YC were unavailable

I was told there was no minimum stay required either, even on weekends - contrary to what other DVC members have been told.

Well, after being told I could not change my upsell rate room from BWI, I called back again, and was able to change it to BC! I was estatic! Then, we started to think more about it, and the big draw was storm-a-long bay, but in the end, we decided it might not be for us. My SD is 9, and my daughter is 12. My daughter has epilepsy, and although she has been seizure free for six months, her neurologist warned to never swim alone. What scared me about SAB was that you cannot see the whole pool from a single lounge chair, and neither me nor my husband are the kind to swim for hours like the girls. Plus, my DH was uneasy not being able to see SD at all times in the pool as well.

So, I called back and now could switch resorts easily. At WL only availability at this rate was courtyard bunks (now we are fighting over who has to sleep on top...... it never ends!!!). I checked the WL Concierge and the Poly and it was a no go for this rate. So we are at WL with courtyard view and bunks. All my ADR's were made with WL in mind, so it saves me from changing all of our dining plans. I saved over three hundred $'s over my AAA rate with a better view, (AAA was woods view, now courtyard with bunks which is an upgrade but not as far as we are concerned). But, BC was only $100 more (total, but standard view....sigh):headache:. Still not sure if I made the right decision, and might change it 100 times before we actually go! But, I'm happy in the end we got a deal! We got our paperwork today, and it has the disabled code on it, but we booked after they disabled it, so I am guessing that it is a code that you can't give them, but they have to offer to you. Just a guess though.

Thanks to you guys, I got an upsell today! :cool1:

I was only booking for 2-nights, 8/11-8/13. I first checked the website to find any mods or values that were sold out. The only thing was CS, all the rest looked available. Based on everything I read here, it seemed that it had to be a package that included dining. Since we have APs, I told her I was looking to book dining and just 1-day MYW base tickets. So, I asked for CS and she said it was sold out, but all the other mods were available. I decided there was no upsell for me and so I asked about WL, which is what I was thinking of booking anyway. She then stopped and said, "wait . . . it looks like I'm getting an offer direct from the YC." I did a little happy dance.

She offered me $891.76 for 2 nights YC std view, with 2 adult and 2 child 1-day MYW base tix, and dining. I jumped on it and booked it. I did the math later, and it works out to 40% off the rack rate at YC and full price for the tix and dining plan.

After thinking about it this afternoon, I decided we really would rather be closer to MK, so I called back to see if I could change it. The agent said yes and quoted me $910.68 for Poly GV, $1080.76 Poly MK View, and $972.76 for GF GV. I went with the Poly GV. I did the math on these and it seems to be the same deal - 40% off rack, full price for tix and dining.

If good AP rates come out for those dates, I may end up cancelling it since it it includes $262 worth of park tickets I really don't need. While I can apply them to my next AP purchase, I won't need to do that until April 2008.
Anyway, I thought I'd share the details in hopes that it might help someone else.

Good Luck!!
Leslie

But you do realize that if you switch to an AP rate room, you will lose the dining plan.

But you do realize that if you switch to an AP rate room, you will lose the dining plan.

Yep, I sure do . . . I'll save some money by having the dining plan, but on only 2 nights its not that big of a savings. So, we'll see what happens if/when AP rates come out for my dates. Based on last years AP discounts, I'm better off with my upsell, but who knows what may happen this year.

Thanks
Leslie

Has anybody gotten an upsell for a long away booking??? I mean has anybody booked like 1 yr. away.....and got an upsell or is it just for ressie's in the immediate future that they offer them? :confused:

We are going at the end of August and have received 3 upsell offers to Saratoga Springs and one to POR. No thanks! I'll keep what I have, but why can't I get an upsell to a better view at AKL???? That's just my bad luck!

We are going at the end of August and have received 3 upsell offers to Saratoga Springs and one to POR. No thanks! I'll keep what I have, but why can't I get an upsell to a better view at AKL???? That's just my bad luck!

OH I am really hating you right now (no i'm not) (yes I am) (no i'm not)

I have called and called and called, sometimes 3x in one day and haven't been offered ANYTHING. What is wrong with the system. Why can't they just offer me BC/YC for the price of POFQ? That's all I want.

OH I am really hating you right now (no i'm not) (yes I am) (no i'm not)

I have called and called and called, sometimes 3x in one day and haven't been offered ANYTHING. What is wrong with the system. Why can't they just offer me BC/YC for the price of POFQ? That's all I want.

I'm not getting what I want so you can't hate me!:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter